What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can anyone identify this patch

sooty

Juniors
Happened to be at tingha the other day for lunch and noticed on the way out a plaque at the top of the stairs addressed to the former emperor Denis from a former sponser 2ws thankin him for somthing. In it was I believe all the former emblems of the club from the inception of the eels. Should have taken a photo but it is there for all to see. Couldnt see the emblem in question so dont know the origin of the attached. The plaque is located at the top of the stairs as you come up from the foyer.

spiderdan

Bench
that patch is wanted in three states for various crimes against the commonwealth. it goes by several aliases, including patch, patchy and mcpatchy. the public are warned not to approach it and to contact authorities if they see it.

Gordy

Juniors
Happened to be at tingha the other day for lunch and noticed on the way out a plaque at the top of the stairs addressed to the former emperor Denis from a former sponser 2ws thankin him for somthing. In it was I believe all the former emblems of the club from the inception of the eels. Should have taken a photo but it is there for all to see. Couldnt see the emblem in question so dont know the origin of the attached. The plaque is located at the top of the stairs as you come up from the foyer.

Cheers sooty....... :cool:
I don't get down that way very often, but you have probably confirmed that it isn't an "official" emblem of any kind.

sooty

Juniors
PP that one is in the frame however the mystery of Gronks lives on could be like the loch ness monster or Eric Grothes kicking game:lol:

parra pete

Referee
PP that one is in the frame however the mystery of Gronks lives on could be like the loch ness monster or Eric Grothes kicking game:lol:

I like to put posts like that on occasionally so people don't get me confused with the Pope..:sarcasm:

carson

Juniors
Did she pick this up in Perth?

There was a Perth rugby league team that used the eels mascot. It folded years ago.

bartman

Immortal
It actually looks familiar to me for some reason... I could swear I've seen one before, but can't place it.

Might ask my Gran, something makes me agree it could be a mid-late 70s type of unofficial thing?

Gordy

Juniors
Did she pick this up in Perth?

There was a Perth rugby league team that used the eels mascot. It folded years ago.

I'll check on that carson, I was under the impression that she got it from here (and so was she) but I'll double check. Thanks.

Gordy

Juniors
Triple post. Problem with page......... :x

Please Delete........ I think that's Will's brother. :lol:

Last edited:

Tin Man 4.24

Juniors
I don't know if this helps, but there's a larger Eel watching over a smaller Eel which could make it a junior district rugby league patch.

There were supporter pins and other items issued in the late sixties and early seventies referencing Parramatta as the 'Eels' and I'm guessing by the style of logo on the patch that it's from this same period.

It could also have been linked to a breakfast cereal, confectionery or newspaper promotion. I'm pretty sure that Smiths used to give away club badges in their chip packets around the late sixties.

Hope this wild speculation helps.

Gordy

Juniors
I don't know if this helps, but there's a larger Eel watching over a smaller Eel which could make it a junior district rugby league patch.

There were supporter pins and other items issued in the late sixties and early seventies referencing Parramatta as the 'Eels' and I'm guessing by the style of logo on the patch that it's from this same period.

It could also have been linked to a breakfast cereal, confectionery or newspaper promotion. I'm pretty sure that Smiths used to give away club badges in their chip packets around the late sixties.

Hope this wild speculation helps.

Interesting thoughts T.M. 4.24. Thanks.
It could well be something along those lines......