What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I give up weights and just do bodyweight exercise and not lose strength?

melon....

Coach
Well I still haven't been able to bring myself to give up weights, still doing bench with dumbbells, incline bench with dumbbells, decline bench with dumbbells, ohp with dumbbells, core rows, the ohp where you start in a squat position but with the barbell on your chest, wrist curls, reverse writst curls and tricep extensions.

But I have upped the intensity and amount of body weight exercises I do, goal is to do a full planche pushup by the end of the year.

For chest, give the dumbells a rest for a week. On Monday, Wed and friday - or any other alternate 3 days of teh week, try 3 sets of 30 pushups on the floor, then if you have stairs, 3 x sets of 50 pushups inclines (facing the top of the stairs) and 3 x 40 facing the bottom stairs - decline. you'll get a great pec and deltoid pump, and it will shock your muscles which will prep them to respond when yo hit the dumbelss again.

Latest posts