What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can NZ do it now that it really matters?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Looking forward to it.

One thing I was gonna ask you Kiwis, have you improved or are South Africa on a slide?

Then I thought, no point in asking you guys, I know what you'd say.

It looks to be a bit of both from a neutral point of view.

This could be the start of a big build up to next summer when the Aussies play the Kiwis.

Looking forward to it.

Macca

Coach
Hopefully our trans tasman rivalry will flow over from union and the Kiwi's will get back to like when Hadlee and Crowe were around. How good was that?

Hadlees a wanker! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Anonymous

Juniors
If we get decent batting pitches like we have for most of the summer, I predict draws galore. Both teams are likely to rack up big scores. However, I suspect the first pitch at Hamilton might be dodgy and if it is, I predict an NZ win there.

Macca

Coach
Why, can your guys handle a dodgy pitch better than SAF. If the pitch is dodgy then everything comes down to the toss, until then everything is unpredictable IMO.

Iafeta

Referee
McSharkie said:
Hopefully our trans tasman rivalry will flow over from union and the Kiwi's will get back to like when Hadlee and Crowe were around. How good was that?

"As Hadlee completes a 6 for in the second innings to go with his 9-52 in the first innings, a comprehensive belting for the Australians."

Crowd Noise? Pin drops maybe.

Macca

Coach
He was a champion Iafeta. No doubt about that. Thats why we hated him so much. :lol:

Iafeta

Referee
weasel said:
I think South Africa will win 1-0 or 2-0. Their test side is better than their one day side. In ODI's they've been a force in decline since the world cup, winning only 14 of 28 games, 5 of those coming against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe. Gibbs, Smith, Kallis, Kirsten are all superb test batsmen, their team bats down to 9 or 10. I also expect the bowling of Pollock and Ntini to be more suited to the tests.

Good, logical points, but in reality New Zealand is a far better test team than their one day unit, even on this form. You add in Rigor Richardson, no death over nerves, and a fighting spirit and they go alright. Up until before the Pakis series I think our ODI win ratio was something like 34% for the past year, our test successes were far far more weighty than that.

I think New Zealand have struck a couple of pyschological blows in that now Mark Richardson would have less fear about the quality of his opening batting partner, and also in the recent success. On South Africa batting down to 9 or 10, Tuffey is a good number 10 who has improved dramatically, and Mason can hold a bat at times. Vettori at 9 has just come off a test ton and is in the form of his life. McCullum before him has opened the batting in one day internationals.

1-0 to New Zealand for mine. Kallis to come back into some good form though.

Iafeta

Referee
:D I know McSharkie, Hadlee himself said it as much as he thought it meant respect as they had to try something to throw him off his game. Classical bowler, and deep down very respected by Australians.

Sort of the same for how we can give a guy like McGrath a hard time, because we know he's that damn good.

Macca

Coach
Like Wally Lewis. Second best player ever for mine, but damn I hated him!

Wally's a wanker! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Craig

Juniors
Johnny the Red said:
Hope I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the SA v NZ test series won't be on Foxtel as it clashes with the AUS v SRL series :evil:

It will be. Only delayed at some obsure hour and highlights.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
And we promise to bowl overarm.

I want to see an entire test and one day series of just bowling underarm. That would be pure gold! (no pun intended)

wittyz chick

Coach
Johnny the Red said:
Hope I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the SA v NZ test series won't be on Foxtel as it clashes with the AUS v SRL series :evil:

for the 1st test Day 1 is replayed at 11:00 pm same as day 2 and day 3 but day 4 and 5 (Saturday and Sunday) its live all day
it only plays the game if the Australian game isnt on :evil: :cry: ...no fair

JTR

Juniors
Craig said:
It will be. Only delayed at some obsure hour and highlights

wittyz chick said:
for the 1st test Day 1 is replayed at 11:00 pm same as day 2 and day 3 but day 4 and 5 (Saturday and Sunday) its live all day
it only plays the game if the Australian game isnt on :evil: :cry: ...no fair

Ahh well.. I'd much rather have that than nothing

I don't have my TV guide yet (for some reason :? ), so thanks for the info guys

Latest posts