What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can Raider Nation win the West!?

Eddie.

Bench
Is a once proud organisation rising from a long slumber???

59-14 over the Donkeys..

Beating San Diego after 13 fails....

We have not won 2 win a row in three years so Im not going to get too excited. However the West is there too be won and if we can beat Seattle and Kansas City at home in the next 2 games we will take control of the West and Raider Nation will be alive with optimism for the first time in 7 long years.

raiders-ryder.jpg

Last edited:

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
as much as id love to see the raiders dop well to make my dad happy after the long wait. Plus they are a likeable team considering the nutcase in charge.... but not this year we need your 1st round pick to be a top 10 so feel free to fail for one final season... but by the way what a game for mcfadden

Last edited:

Monk

Referee
It's certainly there to be won. With the apparent parity in the NFL who knows what the Division standings will be after week 17.

All 4 teams can win and it wouldn't surprise me if all 4 ended up 7-9/8-8

The Chiefs are legit, they can run the ball, play good D and get teams to stack the box which will pave the way for noodle-arm Cassel to make some completions and move the chains. They have the best running game in the league.

The Raiders can run the ball and with Gradkowski back, he should be able to game manage for them as well. Their run D is a problem however.

The Chargers have to come good eventually, don't they. They keep shooting themselves in the foot and getting out behind early on, leaving Rivers too much to do with a largely mediocre receiving core. Nonetheless, these dumb plays will cut out and they should be able to get some wins on the board when they establish the run.

The Broncos, despite this abomination, are still as good a chance as any of the others to win the division. It's clear they turned up with no gas to play the Raiders after last weeks loss on a questionable call, and rightly so they were put in their place. Thinking about it, this could be the game which sets them on a long winning streak (Think Tigers vs Souths this year, even more so following the Tigers questionable loss to the Roosters at the death as well. the week before.)

Ladmate

Bench
Only if they beat Seattle. That means they can finally win consecutive games and I will consider them a threat. And I'm a raider optimist.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Can they? Yes. Will they? No but they might be playoff bound. chargers will get their sh*t together and win that division. Chiefs I just don't trust yet, nut they'll compete for a wildcard too

Tom155

Coach
All 4 teams can win and it wouldn't surprise me if all 4 ended up 7-9/8-8

The Chiefs are legit, they can run the ball, play good D and get teams to stack the box which will pave the way for noodle-arm Cassel to make some completions and move the chains. They have the best running game in the league.

The Raiders can run the ball and with Gradkowski back, he should be able to game manage for them as well. Their run D is a problem however.

The Chargers have to come good eventually, don't they. They keep shooting themselves in the foot and getting out behind early on, leaving Rivers too much to do with a largely mediocre receiving core. Nonetheless, these dumb plays will cut out and they should be able to get some wins on the board when they establish the run.

The Broncos, despite this abomination, are still as good a chance as any of the others to win the division. It's clear they turned up with no gas to play the Raiders after last weeks loss on a questionable call, and rightly so they were put in their place. Thinking about it, this could be the game which sets them on a long winning streak (Think Tigers vs Souths this year, even more so following the Tigers questionable loss to the Roosters at the death as well. the week before.)
Nothing questionable about it. It was a clear PI penalty

Eelementary

Post Whore
Gradkowski coming back is a massive boost. He's no superstar, but he's tough and has good instincts. He usually makes the right call. If our O-Line can give him time, he will get us moving.

Our pass defense is pretty good. Our run defense is hot and cold, but it mostly needs work.

Our running game is gaining momentum. McFadden and Bush in tandem are working a treat, and D-Mac is finall starting to realise his enormous potential.

I want us to win the division, being a Raiders fan, but I also want us to win it for Asomugha. He's put up with so much sh*t over the years. He deserves it.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I can't see the Raiders winning the division this season sir,the Chiefs are for real and barring injuries will win that division.

Maybe next year will be the Raiders time.

Last edited:

mjk_898

Juniors
I can't see the Raiders winning the division this season sir,the Chiefs are for real and barring injuries will win that division.

Maybe next year will be the Raiders time.

Agree. While I like what the Raiders have done (especially run DMC for my fantasy team), I think the Chiefs are clearly the best team in the west right now. Their defense is amazingly improved on last year. When the steelers were on the bye, I watched the full Chiefs Colts game and they really held Peyton manning in check

Latest posts