What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can se sign SOMEONE already?!

Drewby

Juniors
Here's the count

Gibbs - Sharks - confirmed
Fifita - Sharks - confirmed
Moltzen - Dragons - Confirmed
McKinnon - Hull - confirmed
Heigno - Panthers - Unconfirmed
Ryan - Panthers - Unconfirmed
Payten - Retiring - confirmed?
Dwyer - career ending injury - speculation
Lui - Broncos - unconfirmed
Fulton - told he can look elsewhere - confirmed

If the rest of these come to fruition we're a severely depleted side and NEED a couple of big names... as well as the other half of our team.

Surely SOMEONE has to get announced soon!

R2Coupe

Juniors
The church want you to have faith. I don't know what football clubs call it but with the extent of the losses, big changes must happen. Interesting times and even if no one other than Blair arrives, this was always going to happen.

R2Coupe

Juniors
The average age of the team necessitated change. Think Australian Cricket team and you understand the need for succession planning.

TYGA

Juniors
Our handling of this situation has been terrible. It shows that the coach whilst skilled cannot execute his game plan without top level talent. He has lost the ability to improve players and we are suffering. I agree with the roster moves but a couple of our big names should be playing reserve grade to send a message after this week.

macnaz

Staff member
The average age of the team necessitated change. Think Australian Cricket team and you understand the need for succession planning.
lol sorry but f**k you talk shit :crazy: The age of the players had and has nothing to do with them all being released.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
You need a broom after the way you finished last year. If the incentive of winning a comp comes second to media profiles and twitter, then burn em all out.

You wind up with Blair and Dugan you've come out of this well. I would have kept Moltzen for halfback though.

Tigerm

First Grade
You need a broom after the way you finished last year. If the incentive of winning a comp comes second to media profiles and twitter, then burn em all out.

You wind up with Blair and Dugan you've come out of this well. I would have kept Moltzen for halfback though.
Ronnie, FFS, (Are you thinking the Tigers? "The way we finished last year"?, we came 3rd, I was happy)
Re: Moltzen, that's why you are NOT on the retention committee for the Illawarra Dragons, your club seems to have already have signed him?:lol:
See you next year, without Bennett.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Ronnie, FFS, (Are you thinking the Tigers? "The way we finished last year"?, we came 3rd, I was happy)
Re: Moltzen, that's why you are NOT on the retention committee for the Illawarra Dragons, your club seems to have already have signed him?:lol:
See you next year, without Bennett.

You must be on the Tigers board to be so thick germy.

You had every right to be happy wth last year, my point was that they should have kicked on. The fact they haven't is every reason to move the players on.

I have no idea what else you're dribbling about in the rest of your post. I know we've signed Moltzen, I was saying if I were the Tigers, he's one playe I wouldn't have moved on.

Tigerm

First Grade

You had every right to be happy wth last year, my point was that they should have kicked on. The fact they haven't is every reason to move the players on.

I have no idea what else you're dribbling about in the rest of your post. I know we've signed Moltzen, I was saying if I were the Tigers, he's one playe I wouldn't have moved on.
The rest of my post was only " See you next year, without Bennett." sorry if you didn't understand it. I was being nice to you, you f**kwit.

Bench

That is spot on Ronnie,and I for one applaud it,it should have happened at the end of 2007,but Sheens should be out the door as well,he is as much or more responsible than anyone for this mess.

Here's the count

Gibbs - Sharks - confirmed
Fifita - Sharks - confirmed
Moltzen - Dragons - Confirmed
McKinnon - Hull - confirmed
Heigno - Panthers - Unconfirmed
Ryan - Panthers - Unconfirmed
Payten - Retiring - confirmed?
Dwyer - career ending injury - speculation
Lui - Broncos - unconfirmed
Fulton - told he can look elsewhere - confirmed

If the rest of these come to fruition we're a severely depleted side and NEED a couple of big names... as well as the other half of our team.

Surely SOMEONE has to get announced soon!

WOW, why is your team letting so many players go ? Do you guys have some good players coming through the ranks ? Seems very odd.

I believe that the major problem with the Tigers is the fact that they have not made an announcement regarding Blair or even Dugan.

I was expecting an announcement weeks ago about Blair, so why hasn't it happened? Surely not because he and his management want to derail the Storms's season? Fulton said today that the playing group was told earlier in the week that Moltzen was leaving, so, was the Humphreys statement simply because Saints announced in on the afternoon of a TIGERS game? OK maybe it could have been made next Monday BUT why can't the TIGER management tell Blair's management that they are going to make an announcement ASAP?

The cleanout has happened because we need to sign Blair and possibly Dugan and someone else but we also have to upgrade the contracts of many of the future 1st grade players who are running around in the U20's.

As for letting guys who have been around for a while, guys who are heart and sole of the club and other such terms, look what Bellamey has done this year, how many 1st graders did he lose and whilst that cleanout was forced upon that club the end result sees them running where in the comp this weekend?

I heard Rabbits Warren speaking on MMM this morning about Bennett having to move King Wally & Gilly on, it's a fact of life and if he hadn't done that and up'ed the contracts of the younger brigade, those guys would have come back and pulled his pants down.

Now, have not been much of a Sheens fan but just maybe, he is doing the right thing and he has such a good eye for talent that he doesn't see that he can get too much more out of Fifita, Gibbs and Moltzen.

Time will tell.

CameronLayfield

Juniors
Marshall does not look to happy at the tigers anymore, after match remarks he just says "Oh well, maybe next week". There has got to be something happening. Tim Sheens to leave at the end of the season and same with Marshall to the broncos????? They are the only club that can afford him.

Latest posts