What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can someone remind ppl what position Hayne is playing?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I mean Im really getting sick and tired of the criticisim of just one player when Parramatta is struggling and that is Jarryd Hayne.

But to be fair, he's playing fullback. So I mean he has the skills and everything when no one expects, but when the attack doesnt go well, the blame is always on Hayne. Not the halves.

A missed tackle and then a try, "oh where was Hayne?".

Last tackle option, Keating will kick it out on the full "Oh Hayne shouldve kicked that one".

If Im not mistaken the fullback isnt really supposed the kick all the time and set up plays, and take it up every 2nd tackle.

How come Billy Slater didnt cop any sh1t when Melbourne had a bad game, or Darren Lockyer years ago for Brisbane?

Its as if Hayne is the whole team, and tonight I was really fed up with Gus Gould cause according to him Hayne had to do everything. Even pull a rabbit out of a hat.

Thank fk for the win tonight and whilst Hayne didnt play as good as everyone expected (apparently :roll:), he still did a good job tonight.

Well done Parra and Hayne.

I mean Im really getting sick and tired of the criticisim of just one player when Parramatta is struggling and that is Jarryd Hayne.

But to be fair, he's playing fullback. So I mean he has the skills and everything when no one expects, but when the attack doesnt go well, the blame is always on Hayne. Not the halves.

Last tackle option, Keating will kick it out on the full "Oh Hayne shouldve kicked that one".

If Im not mistaken the fullback isnt really supposed the kick all the time and set up plays, and take it up every 2nd tackle.

How come Billy Slater didnt cop any sh1t when Melbourne had a bad game, or Darren Lockyer years ago for Brisbane?

Its as if Hayne is the whole team, and tonight I was really fed up with Gus Gould cause according to him Hayne had to do everything. Even pull a rabbit out of a hat.

Thank fk for the win tonight and whilst Hayne didnt play as good as everyone expected (apparently :roll:), he still did a good job tonight.

:clap:

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
Oh come on, you people can't have it both ways.

You all insult the other 16 players with this 'Parra is a one man team', 'We only win from Hayne Brilliance' and 'Ando can't coach, Hayne won all those games last year' type of crap that is often dished up here.

Hayne is the only player out there it seems, he is the only reason we win apparently.
Hindy busting his arse tackling everyone and saving tries doesn't matter
Fui making good hard runs doesn't matter
Mannah playing well enough off the bench to make Origin doesn't matter
Poore making good runs and improving his game each week doesn't matter
Ben Smith playing great when he's healthy doesn't matter
Horo being great off the bench doesn't matter

None of that matters because Hayne wins the games all by himself, apparently.
Now when he is quiet it's 'he's a fullback he's supposed to be quiet' 'fullbacks don't kick it' and 'Hayne didnt play as good as everyone expected (apparently :roll:)'.

Apparently Hayne is the only player on the team. When we win it's fine to praise him to god-like status but when we lose or he has a bad/quiet game, or if someone critisies him slightly, everyone gets defensive of their god.

Before anyone tries the 'Hayne hater' or 'you've got an agenda' lines, as per usual, read it again. Then you should realise there is nothing anti Hayne in it, it is an anti Hayne fanboy/groupie rant.
Just support the team, praise when deserved and criticise when deserved. Don't put the blinkers on and assume your heroes are infallible.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

quiet simple mate, just watch the game with the volume turned down, just dont listen to Gus, he's a moron

MaxZ/3iaGGiZ

Juniors
Oh come on, you people can't have it both ways.

You all insult the other 16 players with this 'Parra is a one man team', 'We only win from Hayne Brilliance' and 'Ando can't coach, Hayne won all those games last year' type of crap that is often dished up here.

Hayne is the only player out there it seems, he is the only reason we win apparently.
Hindy busting his arse tackling everyone and saving tries doesn't matter
Fui making good hard runs doesn't matter
Mannah playing well enough off the bench to make Origin doesn't matter
Poore making good runs and improving his game each week doesn't matter
Ben Smith playing great when he's healthy doesn't matter
Horo being great off the bench doesn't matter

None of that matters because Hayne wins the games all by himself, apparently.
Now when he is quiet it's 'he's a fullback he's supposed to be quiet' 'fullbacks don't kick it' and 'Hayne didnt play as good as everyone expected (apparently :roll:)'.

Apparently Hayne is the only player on the team. When we win it's fine to praise him to god-like status but when we lose or he has a bad/quiet game, or if someone critisies him slightly, everyone gets defensive of their god.

Before anyone tries the 'Hayne hater' or 'you've got an agenda' lines, as per usual, read it again. Then you should realise there is nothing anti Hayne in it, it is an anti Hayne fanboy/groupie rant.
Just support the team, praise when deserved and criticise when deserved. Don't put the blinkers on and assume your heroes are infallible.

Choose your words wisely when you speak about The Chosen One.... I might get offended.

Parra

Referee
The Eels scored some spectacular tries that simply would not have been scored if Hayne was not on the field. It is that simple.

But they let in some very pedestrian tries. Our defence still has some massive lapses on occasion, and it is usually straight through the backline. Our tough on-the-line defence is OK, but teams seem to stroll through backline sometimes.

Although the fullback can't make all the tackles, he has to take some responsibility for the defensive structure. In that regard, our defence in this area was much better when Burt was at fullback.

Springs

First Grade
Hayne was below his best last night. And if he gets all this attention about how he is the best player in the game and whatever, then he deserves to be criticised occasionally as well.

Yes, he is a fullback. And yet he gets a lot of basic fullback positional play wrong. Too often he gets there too late.
And of course, his inability to put the ball down that one time...

bartman

Immortal
Hayne shouldn't be above criticism. Gus had a good point, it's just that (as usual) he repeated it way too often to the point that he turns you away from the point that he had in the first place.

Can someone remind ppl what position Hayne is playing?
So long as someone also reminds Hayne how much he is earning relative to the others in the squad, when he's not being involved as much as he should.

parraeelz

Juniors
I thought he went good last night. I think Ando really wanted the halves to gel with Keating and Robbo...and obviously a large part of the game was to let Feleti run wild on the fringes. I just think he could have supported a bit more last night, and the try from the Tronc offload I didn't see much in that to be his bad positional play..I mean the guy had 4 guys on him so he's standing back middle of the field waiting for the next play and as soon as he gets the ball away Wallace finds a hole..anyway I think Gus did go overboard and agree with Sterlo his touches were quality last night..
After watching Mateo last night though...can't believe we're losing him