What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can the sharks win the premiership

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Look, well done Sharks and congrats to their fans. Ddin't this same thing get bought up last year?

Has to be a gee up. Still so many holes in the team, but Smith will make a difference to them. A genuine half back and he can have free reign out there. They'll improve, they even looked like a football team last night, but a premiership because they sang the team song well? Please Munge. Parra were atrocious and the Shaks were hungrier and deserved to win, but thats it.

simostorm

Bench
This is sharks oportunity to get there team built.. Tim Smith has got great potential..
Ricky being the top halfback that he was.. will help him..
Might be the start of a turnaround for the Sharks.. that may progress over the next few years.

GongPanther

Referee
The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.

If they show the competitiveness from last nights game for most of the season,there's no reason why the Sharks can't get into the final eight.

i am watching live and the sharks fans and players are going ballistic. everyone is singing up up cronulla. i really think they can win the comp. they seem to have a tight group, with lots of passion and belief. you only have to watch these scenes to know what i mean.

with tim smith now partnering trent barret in the halves, they now have the best halves combination in the competition to go with what is an outstanding young aggressive forward pack. they have outstanding wingers in covell and fergus, and flare in other key positions like albert kelly and paul aiton.

im sure im not the only one who thinks this.

oh god..
I don't mean to rain on your parade mate and I do admit it was a gutsy win by the sharks.. but they're not gonna win the comp not this year anyway. and how are Tim smith and Trent Barrett the best halves combo in the game? they played one game together so far, didn't play that well anyway and the score only ended up being 11-0 at the end nothing to get excited bout just yet remember it's only one game

i am watching live and the sharks fans and players are going ballistic. everyone is singing up up cronulla. i really think they can win the comp. they seem to have a tight group, with lots of passion and belief. you only have to watch these scenes to know what i mean.

with tim smith now partnering trent barret in the halves, they now have the best halves combination in the competition to go with what is an outstanding young aggressive forward pack. they have outstanding wingers in covell and fergus, and flare in other key positions like albert kelly and paul aiton.

im sure im not the only one who thinks this.

I assume you mean sometime this century, not this year.

Goddo

Bench
Can they? well, yes anything is possible.

Will they? No f!ing way. Too many better sides running around.

Ausguy

Coach
oh god..
I don't mean to rain on your parade mate and I do admit it was a gutsy win by the sharks.. but they're not gonna win the comp not this year anyway. and how are Tim smith and Trent Barrett the best halves combo in the game? they played one game together so far, didn't play that well anyway and the score only ended up being 11-0 at the end nothing to get excited bout just yet remember it's only one game

another one...

:sarcasm:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I don't think you can write off any side this early in the season. The top two sides are Dragons and Melburne right now but this can change very quickly either by poor form ( eg dragons last 6 games last year) or injuries ( image if melbourne lost slater and smith),
Also look at the eels last year they were terrible then something just clicked, another side could the same this year.

Sit back and enjoy the ride !!!