What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can the Swans win the flag this year?

Can the Swans win the flag in 2005?

• Yes

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Don't know

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • No

Votes: 13 37.1%

• Total voters

lockyno1

Post Whore
lotti said:
after tonight you bet they can.

I agree, the saints would have been really hoping Sydney did lose this game! Think about it Hall has not fired yet, O'Loughlin has been quiet. You can't keep these two down forever! It will be a cracker next week!

lotti

Bench
Yeah, I don't know who to go for next week Saints or Swans. I feel like it's a Manly/Melbourne game.

rowdy

First Grade
I sure hope they can!

It was a bit of a shocker last nite, but they'll come back from it...i hope!

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Not the prettiest game to watch last night, but it was hard,tough finals footy, with not many points scored. Nick Davis is a deadset freak, how did he manage to throw the ball onto his foot and squeeze it through last night? What a finish it was though. The Swans are battle-hardened, WATCH OUT SAINTS :D

CyberKev

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
I agree, the saints would have been really hoping Sydney did lose this game!

Given that St Kilda seem to struggle against Geelong more than anyone, I'd say they would have been pretty happy with the result.

lockyno1

Post Whore
CyberKev said:
Given that St Kilda seem to struggle against Geelong more than anyone, I'd say they would have been pretty happy with the result.

True, but Geelong play a more open game than Sydney. Given that fact I feel that the Saints would have rather played Geelong than Sydney. Futhermore, if Sydney can win last nights game whilst playing so bad it was not even funny, then they will be extremely difficult for the Saints. I am tipping a upset in this game, Sydney by 7 points.

CyberKev

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
True, but Geelong play a more open game than Sydney. Given that fact I feel that the Saints would have rather played Geelong than Sydney. Futhermore, if Sydney can win last nights game whilst playing so bad it was not even funny, then they will be extremely difficult for the Saints. I am tipping a upset in this game, Sydney by 7 points.

It is true that Geelong play a more open game than Sydney do, but this is the type of game that will trouble the Saints.

Sydney like to flood on the small SCG surrounds, but this is not nearly as successful a tactic on the MCG, and even less so when the opposition has multiple forward targets (including numerous tall marking types).

Sydney got very lucky against an injury-riddled Cats outfit that, at the best of times, lacks forward oomph. The Cats would have won regardless had the game went ahead, as was originally planned, at the Telstra Stadium.

The Swans are brave, for sure, and they do have some great forward options of their own, but their overt willingness to flood will only kill them by degrees against a strong, fast & skilled opponent on a big ground. 7 goals will never win you a game on the MCG, unless you're playing in a torrential storm.

Its also true that St Kilda played well under par, but were still able to win interstate in their game, with Adelaide's form last night only increasing the merit of St Kilda's win.

Good luck to the Swans, but they'll be hard pressed.

That being said, I've voted yes here because the Swans can win. I've seen better sides than St Kilda lose and lesser sides than Sydney win, after all.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
very lucky to get up

I cant see them winning a final with that sort of form

thickos

First Grade
Big Bad Barry to return to his form of a few weeks ago and rip St Kilda a new one... I hope :oops: