What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can the Tigers win the comp?

Sime_11

Juniors
unsure atm - but they are definitely the team currently who you dont want to play come September.

Ivan has coach of the year wrapped up surely? as good as the Warriors have been - we've expected big things from their Spine of RTS, Johnson & Luke and the dragons started 2018 like they did 2017 so nothing new.

hotly tipped to be bottom 4 and battling for the spoon - they'll be playing Finals football in September

Clifferd

Coach
No chance. If we do well this year and win a final then get a strike player in the 1-5 maybe next year we’re a shot. I’m just enjoying the ride and will still be happy scrapping into 8th.

Of course there’s doubt but we’re ticking all the boxes atm

We’ve outgrinded some of the best teams of the modern era, come from behind in games and also blown teams off the park.

Today our depth was tested and we responded well. That’s the sign of a good team.

I can’t see how we miss the 8 the way we’re playing right now, and from there anything can happen

The Wests Tigers cannot go to the top without the brilliance of Tuimoala Lolohea. However Ivan Cleary, the alleged coaching genius, has dropped Tui. It didn't matter against a pathetic Manly side, which was carrying an injured full back from Serbia. But the Tigers cannot beat serious teams without Tui. Their days of winning big are numbered.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
I am not going to say no. The Tigers will have zero representation at Origin, can rest players if needed and if they sneak into the top four I can tell you the team ill be prepared as good as any other for whoever they play.

One thing Tigers do have are merkins in reggies that can do the job of the counterparts in first grade. This forces all players to work for each other and do the one percenters, if you dont perform, some merkin will steal your job. It also helps limit the impact injuries can play a part in their season. Its called the merkin principle, look it up.

magpie4ever

First Grade
The Wests Tigers cannot go to the top without the brilliance of Tuimoala Lolohea. However Ivan Cleary, the alleged coaching genius, has dropped Tui. It didn't matter against a pathetic Manly side, which was carrying an injured full back from Serbia. But the Tigers cannot beat serious teams without Tui. Their days of winning big are numbered.

Another thought bubble whilst dropping a darkie, hey Albert.

jargan83

Coach
Tigers are going well and it’s great to see given the walk outs they had last year, especially great to see a player like Moses go into start the year 0-6

The Tigers look to be singing from the same page of the song book, started the year with rock solid defence but have added some attack in recent weeks.

They’ve started the season of better than anyone would have dared to predict and they can only play what’s in front of them but surely knocking the Storm off twice is a great sign. A couple of sides have also started well also and I’m sure the likes of the Storm or the Roosters may find form as the season goes on.

Great to see an open competition

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
The overriding feeling is no, but then again why not? They've generally played the sort of grinding, minimal errors, defensively rock solid footy that is cherry ripe for winning finals matches. Ivan knows how to get teams to finals and to win when he's there.

They might need a year or two to build into it though, as the Warriors of mid 2000s did.

The Great Dane

First Grade
I mean sure, the Tigers could win the whole comp, but at this point so could pretty much every other club.

Though it's incredibly unlikely at this point I see no reason why even Parramatta couldn't turn things around and go on to have a dream season and win the whole thing, do I think that'll happen almost certainly not, but again it's so early on in the season that anybody could go on to win it from this point.

mxlegend99

Referee
I’m waiting for them to come up against a decent team like the warriors or dragons before I give them a chance of making the top8
5 wins on the board already.

Theyve faced Storm (Twice) and Roosters already. Yet need win only 7 from their remaining 18 games.

Top 8 is almost a sure thing. Their draw will only get easier from here. A few tough games ahead. But alot of easy ones too.

Latest posts