What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can u Guys let me know what to do on Saturday night in ACT

laurie

Juniors
G'Day guys,

Me and a couple of mates are headin to Canberra this week to Watch the raiders on sunday but am stayin in Kingston saturday night. Can u tell me where the best place to go out around that way????

Raider Azz

Bench
Civic. That's where all the night clubs are, and they're all within walking distance of each other.

Raider Ultra

Bench
No, it bit the dust a long time ago. If you're staying in Kingston then there are plenty of pubs and club there or at Manuka which is a short distance away. The clubs in Civic aren't much better really, plus you'll save on the taxi home.

Raider Azz

Bench
I dunno... I doubt it, because I've never heard of it :? Where abouts exactlly was it located?

Edit: Ultra just answered my question.

Actually, yeah, Manuka wouldn't be bad either, although on a Saturday night I find Civic to be much better. It all depends on personal preference really.

Raider Azz

Bench
It's where Insomnia is now, it closed at least 6 or 7 years ago.
:lol: Well that explains why I haven't heard of it... I'm only 20 so I've only been clubbing for a few years!

The Colonel

Immortal
Along Northbourne Ave just around the corner from Mooseheads (which I assume is still alive) - Its just I used to work there many moons ago on the bar staff. It was the grottiest place alive - how the security staff managed to keep their jobs is beyond me.

Raider Ultra

Bench
I'm only 19 ;), Mooseheads burnt down in 2002, in some ways it was a shame as that place seemed to contain all the ADFA d*ckheads in one spot. Now they have leeched out and are infecting all the other clubs in Civic.

The Colonel

Immortal
Raider Ultra said:
I'm only 19 ;), Mooseheads burnt down in 2002, in some ways it was a shame as that place seemed to contain all the ADFA d*ckheads in one spot. Now they have leeched out and are infecting all the other clubs in Civic.

:lol:

It used to be fun to go in there and watch the idiots get into fights and then have the MP's pick them up.....

woodgers

Bench
No way. Civic is for under 25's, which I am. Most the clubs are dirty there anyway. If you are in Kingston go out in Kingston. If you just want a cheap piss up and possibly to pull, go to the Kingston Pub.

If you want a bit more class go to The Holy Grail, Filthy McFaddens, The Durham right in the heart of Kingston. They are generally a bit older. Around the corner is Lot 33, which is basically a funky Techno club. You will probably be the only one drinking booze there though.

5 minutes up the road is Manuka. Pretty classy area where you need a bit of dosh. It is very fake there so you won't pick up in a million years (well I didn't anyway)

The Private Bin is long gone. It is now been opened as ICBM downstairs that plays tune like 'Land Downunder' and upstairs is Insomnia which usually has Sydney Techno DJ's on a Saturday night. I think it is called insomnia because the people who go there are the type that are awake for 5 days.

reptar

Juniors
woodgers - I wouldn't exactly describe Lot33 as a "techno" club. heh.

If you're interested in night clubbing rather than pubs (there's plenty of pubs around - if you're in Kingston go to the Kingston Hotel), then in Kingston, there's Lot33, which is a lounge bar playing funky house/breaks music, it stays open pretty late, and Saturday night is the best night. B Bar closes at 3, it's also a lounge bar but more for drinking than dancing like Lot. There's a couple of pubs around the other side of Kingston too.

In Manuka, you have Minque, which is similar to Lot33 but closes far earlier. (In fact, in the recent InTheMix poll, Rob K polled first in the ACT and he plays at both Lot33 and Minque).

In Civic you have Academy, which is Canberra's "super" club - it used to be a movie theatre. $10 cover charge and it's full of pretentious wankers. Go there if you mix well with pretentious wankers. hehe.

In Blue is more commercial type music than most - it's on the bus interchange. Insomnia and ICBM are where the private bin used to be, ICBM is like video hits, and insomnia is a bit dancier.

I could go on and on and on. But I won't. I'd even suggest coming to see me DJ, but unless you want to go to a gay club probably not wise. :lol:

reptar

Juniors
Skippy, Mooseheads is reopening tonight, as far as I'm aware. All the other clubs can't wait to lose the ADFA mob back to there. hehe

Raider Azz

Bench
It's also quite ironic that you boys are using the amry's emblem in your avatars :p

If you want cheap drinks, I'd suggest going to Shooters, also near the bus interchange in Civic. They have $2 drinks until midnight. I'd also suggest going there if you need a new tooth, there is plenty on the ground.

reptar

Juniors
Haha! Shooters! Sadly (or perhaps not!) - it'll probably die with Mooseheads reopening.

Raider Ultra

Bench
The floor of shooters is designed like a fish shop, so they can go in with fire hoses at the end of the night and hose out the human filth attached to the floor.

budz

Juniors
I didnt think that Mooseheads was that bad. I went a couple of times and it was really good, and there were a lot of ANU people there (especially people from Johns College). You could always go to Academy which is a pretty good place, but on a saturday night it will probably be mainly for the pill poppers out there. I generally stick to the Uni bar and other places in Belco where the ressies people at UC go.

Latest posts