What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can we........do it

hazzbeen

Bench
Ok can we first make the 8 ?.......and if you do how far can we go...... I think trying to make the 8 has turned into a nightmare...the hardest thing will be to get there, and if we do I think we can at least win the first semi.......Im getting ahead of myself , Can we make the 8 I say yes.....

WreckTangle

Juniors
We win our next 3. Finish 7th or 8th. Win first semi. Lose the next. Season considered a success. Mary offered an extension.
How's that sound?

TruSaint

Referee
Ok can we first make the 8 ?.......and if you do how far can we go...... I think trying to make the 8 has turned into a nightmare...the hardest thing will be to get there, and if we do I think we can at least win the first semi.......Im getting ahead of myself , Can we make the 8 I say yes.....

Yes................... we can :cool:

Redvpassion

Juniors
If we drop one of these last 3 games, we don't deserve to be in the finals. If we want to make a statement going into the finals especially after last weeks performance and the position these teams are on the table, we should go into the finals undefeated the last 3 games.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Agree with RVP. Must beat Panthers step one. Followed by step 2 and we know the rest.....
Just to see the boys crack the 8 after predicted to run stone motherless last will make my season.

TruSaint

Referee
If we drop one of these last 3 games, we don't deserve to be in the finals. If we want to make a statement going into the finals especially after last weeks performance and the position these teams are on the table, we should go into the finals undefeated the last 3 games.

I used to think like that red v. I get where you are coming from and logic will substantiate your post. However, as we age, like cheap red wine, we take any opportunity to partake in September footy. I hope we get there by hook or by crook. After all , following your team and enjoying the ride is what is all about. I will take the extra 1, 2 or whatever weeks finals have to offer. ;-)

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I used to think like that red v. I get where you are coming from and logic will substantiate your post. However, as we age, like cheap red wine, we take any opportunity to partake in September footy. I hope we get there by hook or by crook. After all , following your team and enjoying the ride is what is all about. I will take the extra 1, 2 or whatever weeks finals have to offer. ;-)

Yes Tru like our old sponsors Penfolds...a good Red and White goes a long way.....if you look at the top 8 and throw in Manly its the closest comp for years.....any team on their day can win this.. even from the bottom half...just need a steady game plan, complete your sets and have luck go your way......as you say mate enjoy the ride beit a short or long journey...

TruSaint

Referee
Yes Tru like our old sponsors Penfolds...a good Red and White goes a long way.....if you look at the top 8 and throw in Manly its the closest comp for years.....any team on their day can win this.. even from the bottom half...just need a steady game plan, complete your sets and have luck go your way......as you say mate enjoy the ride beit a short or long journey...

Luv that attitude my friend.
Go you good things. :D

gorilla

First Grade

here's some more .................................................... just in case you run out.

getsmarty

Immortal
Merrin carries Dragons finals torch

By MITCH JENNINGS

Aug. 18, 2015, 7:53 p.m.

RUGBY LEAGUE
Ben Creagh and Trent Merrin will be the only two fit remaining players from the 2010 premiership team when the Panthers-bound prop makes an emotional Dragons farewell on home turf in Wollongong on Thursday night.
It will be the last time Merrin wears the Red V at WIN Stadium and it comes as a battered St George Illawarra walk the tightrope to the NRL finals.
With winger Jason Nightingale injured, Creagh is the only remaining teammate of Merrin's left from the famous night St George Illawarra broke their premiership drought with a grand final triumph over the Roosters five years ago.
Creagh has since watched the likes of Matt Cooper, Mark Gasnier, Ben Hornby and Dean Young finish their careers to tears and cheers at WIN Stadium.
But Creagh concedes Merrin's impending exit marks the close of an era for the Dragons.
As if to script, the Test back-rower will play his final game in Wollongong against the team he will join next year in the Dragons' final game at WIN Stadium for the year.
Creagh admits it will be tough to watch him walk off the WIN Stadium turf for the last time in a St George Illawarra jumper.
"It's going to be really sad to see him go," Creagh said.
"I'm pretty good mates with Mez and I've known him a long time.
"It's happened a few times now while I've been playing here and it's never nice seeing one of your mates move on.
"It's probably going to be a pretty emotional night for him on Thursday night playing his last game at WIN Stadium.
"Being a local junior I know how special this place is.
"We played here in grand finals when we were kids and that's all you wanted to do, was try and play first grade on this ground.
"It's going to be a pretty special night for him and hopefully we can send him off with a victory."
Merrin was powerful in his return from a four-week suspension against the Warriors two weeks ago running 197 metres from his 19 carries in a 54-minute stint from the bench that included 34 tackles.
He was equally industrious in the Dragons' last-start loss to the Broncos with 14 runs for 148m and 42 tackles on a tough night for his side.
Merrin will have a big role to play if the Dragons can reach the finals and Creagh said his long-time teammate has made good on a pre-season promise to give his all in his final year with the club.
"He's been in career-best form this year," Creagh said.
"I know he got suspended for a little while there so he's been out of the game for a few weeks, but we all saw what he did in Origin.
"He played great when he was given an opportunity there and he's been playing outstanding for us as well.
"The work he does in attack and defence has been first class, so he's kept his promise to the boys.
"No-one ever questioned what Mez was going to bring to the table.
"He's given his all this season and I know he's going to do everything he can for this team to make sure we're playing finals at the end of the year."

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/3288294/merrin-carries-dragons-finals-torch/?cs=302

BigH

Juniors
We will get there and then who knows, it's gonna be who is the better team on the day, not how good your record was over the whole season...D4L

evil_p091280

Juniors
Did the ladder predictor and we ended up 6th:sarcasm:

I agree, if we win all 3, then we finish better than 7th or 8th.

While I think they should win all 3 to deserve to go through, they probably only need to win 2 of the 3 to get there.

saintjeff

Juniors
Hope so,in the last two years ,2013 knights were underdogs v dogs and won and made it to preliminary final
2014 dogs v melb ,storm favourites dogs win make gf .
If we make it we will be underdogs ,will it be us who makes the run .Lets get there first

LatK7

First Grade
I agree, if we win all 3, then we finish better than 7th or 8th.

While I think they should win all 3 to deserve to go through, they probably only need to win 2 of the 3 to get there.

With Manly and Canterbury getting up last round I'm not so sure. Has to be 3/3.

Latest posts