What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can we smash canberra?

bluebag43

Juniors
Hey 2TB, were there any other Newtown supporters around. From last year's semi it seemed there were a few local Canberrians that were Newtown supporters!

bucks1972

Juniors
I was sitting up in the Meninga stand with my son and there was a very vocal group sitting behind us. Not too sure if they were Newtown fans or friends and families of the players as they seemed very interested in a couple of players. Namely, Jamie Soward and Troy Malcolm.

All in all agood performance for mine from the Jets, but certainly seemed to clock off in parts of the second half. A lot of ill discipline in the game as well. Lots of silly penalties, especially in and around the play the ball.

But, Jamie Soward field goal goes over instead of hitting the crossbar and we would all be very very happy!!

2 True Blues

Coach
The support was very thin from where I was sitting BB43. A couple of strange faces wearing bluebags jerseys however it was thin mate. The Roosters supporters gave as the odd cheer when troy MALCOLM scored, however the crowd was very vocal behind Canberra as would be expected down there mate.

They were turning around with scornful looks from as far as about 30 rows in front of me though mate to see who that vocal Jets supporter was sitting behind them admidst a sea of Green jerseys. LOL........................ ;-)

2 True Blues

Coach

bucks1972 said:
I was sitting up in the Meninga stand with my son and there was a very vocal group sitting behind us. Not too sure if they were Newtown fans or friends and families of the players as they seemed very interested in a couple of players. Namely, Jamie Soward and Troy Malcolm.

All in all agood performance for mine from the Jets, but certainly seemed to clock off in parts of the second half. A lot of ill discipline in the game as well. Lots of silly penalties, especially in and around the play the ball.

But, Jamie Soward field goal goes over instead of hitting the crossbar and we would all be very very happy!!

I thought we played very well too mate. We were very dominate in the first half, and were still I believe the better side in the second, even though they did lift. Those three Canberra try's from bombs were more LUCKY than anything else, and could have easily been taken by the Jets on another day. Three bombs all in the same place ALL dropped in a row was very unlucky I thought, and atleast one of them being taken ( as I suppose they should have been at this level ) would have meant a Jets victory.

All credit to them for their determination in catching up though.

Jets defended very well overall and I reckon it was one of their best defensive efforts this season. Just slipping crucially on the twelve tackle ( on the repetitive sets ) on two ocassions, however costing them their lead.

Jets were quick off the line and in their faces more often than not, and often tackled three in the tackle driving them backwards and into the turf ( however legally ) with great gusto. There were some bone crushing tackles which really let the Canberra forwards know we were here to play.

Bad luck in the end really, and I truly believe we were the better side on the day.