What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canberra/Broncos reffing SHOCKER!

Ebony

Juniors
F**k the games gonna be the laughing stock of national sport if imbeciles are allowed to continue in this game. Regardless of how canberra played they deserved to be given a fair go, but they weren't permitted by a dumb ref and doped out video ref. who blatantly favoured the bronks.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Good luck to the teams contesting the finals, i hope the players have the final say in proceedings there and one of these weekly VR blunders doesnt cost a side a competition.

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Juniors
sook sook.

The Todd Carney no try while i feel is unfair, at least it is consistent. Wasnt there a game on Friday (was it the cowboys?) who was ruled to have played at the ball as well? It was a round arm motion. Consistent.

Also the Steve M try, um, how was that NOT a try? He pushed the ball unto the ground and as the ball git the ground the video CLEARLY showed he had a full hand on it. So have a sook mate. Better team won.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Robert Finch needs to stop protecting them and make them accountable for their mistakes... my preference is robert finch resigns, under his reign refereeing standards have got worse each year

gong_eagle

First Grade
The funny(sic) thing about it the Video ref in the box has as many looks at it as he wants and he can still get it wrong , Go figure

Charlie124

First Grade
Are you really that surprised? Broncos last home game with 5 departing stars, they were always going to get the win one way or another. Theres no way we could have the Raiders spoil the party is there?

BTW i dont agree about the match fixing comment in reguards to taking money, but its pretty clear from the decisions that the script was written before the game.

Ebony

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
Wow, strong allegations.
Talk out of your ass much?

I take it your a bronco groupie, good for you, now run away little boyboy...the discussions on reffing not on which team poster you have stuck on your ceiling.

you brought up the ass bit...subconsciously no doubt

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Juniors
Funny thing is, Raiders still had PLENTY of oppertunitys to win. Carney forward pass, Carney knocking it back when there was NOBODY IN FRONT OF HIM! Instead of accusing officials look at the way your team played. To many stupid mistakes.

Mr Saab

Referee
Ebony said:
I take it your a bronco groupie, good for you, now run away little boyboy...the discussions on reffing not on which team poster you have stuck on your ceiling.

you brought up the ass bit...subconsciously no doubt

How cute.
Perhaps you would be taken more seriously if you didnt throw very flippant dangerous accusations towards the offials without a single speck of evidence.

Raider_69

Post Whore
so because we made some mistakes, the referee's are exhonourated from piss poor performances? I dont think so mate

we were denied the oppertunity to win ugly by the referee's.

Charlie124

First Grade
AsPiRiNg YoUtH said:
Funny thing is, Raiders still had PLENTY of oppertunitys to win. Carney forward pass, Carney knocking it back when there was NOBODY IN FRONT OF HIM! Instead of accusing officials look at the way your team played. To many stupid mistakes.

Funnier thing is that if it wasnt for very questionable and blatently favourable refereeing, the raiders wouldnt have HAD to take those opportunities, they would have won reguardless of their mistakes.

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Juniors
no i think those decisions were fine. You were denied the oppetunity because your teams inept and dismal performance and failure to hold on to the ball or make the right decisions at crucial times. Plus the coaching staff picking the wrong players. If Dobson was playing maybe it would of been different?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So the Raider's mistakes make the video ref's f**kup's ok???? 12 point turn around totally changed the game. Same as The Robertson no try against the Warrior's.

gph

Juniors
All year there have been so many stuff ups, there is no doubt that final positions for a number of teams will be decided by ref's mistakes this year. This costs (or makes) teams and sponsors thousands of dollars and the fans the chance to see their side and the NRL and Robert Finch just let it go. It's a disgrace.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
AsPiRiNg YoUtH said:
sook sook.

The Todd Carney no try while i feel is unfair, at least it is consistent. Wasnt there a game on Friday (was it the cowboys?) who was ruled to have played at the ball as well? It was a round arm motion. Consistent.

Also the Steve M try, um, how was that NOT a try? He pushed the ball unto the ground and as the ball git the ground the video CLEARLY showed he had a full hand on it. So have a sook mate. Better team won.

Canberra played terribly and deserved to lose. What a shame though that an otherwise exciting game of football was ruined by an absolutely appalling decision.

West should be sacked. Was the `fix` in? Of course not, but incompetence needs to be dealt with by sacking.

CrazyEel

Bench
I can understand how the on field ref can get it wrong in real time but bow the f**k can both West and Ward make such dumb decisions after watching so many replays. Both were bleeding obvious to everyone watching on TV so just how do they get it so wrong?

JW

Coach
I'll repeat again what I posted in the spoilers.

JW said:
Oh dear.

Fair dinkum, some of you jokers are deadset straight out of the nut house. Unfortunately, sub-standard refereeing is part of the game of Rugby League in 2007. All teams will get the good and bad days with the man with the whistle, but it's a test of character for a team to rise above those situations, as alot of teams do. Canberra did the complete opposite today with 20 errors and were punished accordingly.

But it seems to have become a habbit for numerous Canberra supporters to claim outright match fixing and rigging by officials after a loss involving decision/s that didn't go their way. The sad thing is that the vast majority of said supporters actually truly believe the rubbish they're suggesting, without even thinking their laughable theories through so as to avoid looking like complete fools. The aftermarth of games against Brisbane, Wests and a few other teams in recent seasons have brought the most amusment.

Go for your life and question the decisions of the VR, as everyone should. We've all been dudded by them before and we will again. But to suggest that the game was lost soley on the back of the calls by the officials and furthermore through the rigging of the game confirms the status of Raiders supporters as THE biggest sooks in the game. Now, uppercuts all round chaps.

Peace.