What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canberra Raiders Grand Final Party

Aus_Dog

Juniors
Seeing as I live down here I am fully on the Raiders bandwagon. Don’t care who wins tonight, hope the Raiders smash either of them next week

beave

Coach
Congrats to all you Raiders fans, been a long time between drinks, really hope you pull it off but the boys are gonna be up against it whoever they end up playing. Enjoy the whole week of stupidity. really hope there is a sea of green at ANZ next week.

carcharias

Immortal
I woke up this morning dreadfully hungover and not quite believing it

Don’t worry mate
I’ll talk you through the week

My only advice is brace yourself
If the GF is as close as the 2016 one you’ll be a trembling shaking mess before the end of the game.
I did the grand final sober

Didn’t have a beer until I got home hours later.
It was good in that I remember everything about it.
The tension is f**king unbelievable.
Good luck.

GAZF

First Grade
Don’t worry mate

If the GF is as close as the 2016 one you’ll be a trembling shaking mess before the end of the game.

Good luck.
Good advice. When you make a grand final once every several decades, you better remember it.

carcharias

Immortal
Good advice. When you make a grand final once every several decades, you better remember it.

I saw everyone lined up at the bar and thought f**k that shit.
I was shaking too much to hold a beer anyway.

I thought if we are going down I’m going down fully sober to get maximum pain.
Or
It’ll be the greatest night of my life.

To be honest it was utter anxiety followed by sheer relief.

I’m also happy with winning it once.
That’ll do me.
It’d be cool to win again but I’m not going to hold up a sign asking for blokes at the club to be sacked.
They’re f**ked in the head those types.

beave

Coach
I saw everyone lined up at the bar and thought f**k that shit.
I was shaking too much to hold a beer anyway.

I thought if we are going down I’m going down fully sober to get maximum pain.
Or
It’ll be the greatest night of my life.

To be honest it was utter anxiety followed by sheer relief.

I’m also happy with winning it once.
That’ll do me.
It’d be cool to win again but I’m not going to hold up a sign asking for blokes at the club to be sacked.
They’re f**ked in the head those types.

in 2015, I was lucky enough to have tickets to the millennium room at ANZ, probably had 3 beers all afternoon I was that nervous. Didn’t drink during the game and at the end, was too emotional to even think about drinking. I am glad I actually remember the whole night, those few hours are a memory I will take to the grave. If we never win a comp again (which is highly likely) then I will still die a happy man.

Generalzod

Immortal
Congartulation Raiders, finally some joy for their fans, The only times that I've have ever cried was witnessing the birth of my daughter and winning the 2016 GF.....

Generalzod

Immortal
Enjoy your big dance win Faiders. You have done your best and achieved all you can. But you will be fodder for the mighty roosters in the big dance. No one can stop us. It is inevitable.

Get behind me fellow rooster boosters!! Lets go for 3 in a row!!!!
Geez you havent yet made it 2 in a row.

Grapple

Bench
Well deserved. Amazing what a good hooker has done for Canberra.

Would like Canberra to win for Croker first. He's been a quiet champion of the game. His goal kicking and consistency in showing up whilst being above average in a team that for a long time has been average, is rare these days. Hope he gets it.

Will be cheering on Canberra to go all the way.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Got to admit, I had us finishing bottom four this year after Crawley left the coaching ranks and our forward depth was looking horrible. Didn’t count on guys like Bateman, CNK and some of the younger forwards really putting in. Never been happier to be so wrong.

thorson1987

Coach
Don’t worry mate

Good luck.

I drink heaps so I forget all about it if we lose. If we win I buy the DVD and rewatch them. The only one I didn't drink heaps for was 2017 and that was because I had my son with me so had to look after him and drive home from the train station afterwards.

Dave's mate

Juniors
I drink heaps so I forget all about it if we lose. If we win I buy the DVD and rewatch them. The only one I didn't drink heaps for was 2017 and that was because I had my son with me so had to look after him and drive home from the train station afterwards.
Yeah but your scumf**k side makes it every second year, you have no idea what being a real fan is like