What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canberra Raiders V Newcastle Knights *Match Discussion & Live Scores* SPOILERS

Who Will Win and What Margin ?

• Raiders 1-12

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Raiders 13+

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • Knights 1-12

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Knights 13+

Votes: 21 30.9%
  • Slim chance of a Draw ?

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Misanthrope

Staff member
face facts CWB, i called it last year, the stats backed me, carney's performances at fg level have always had mullens covered, they are great mates off the park and will form a formitable combination for NSW for years to come, but there can be no doubting it, Carney is ahead of mullen at this point in time and thats not to bag mullen who is a sublime talent, but flat to the wall, carney is playing better footy at FG level. Mullen is also younger from memory so carney has had the jump in age and experience stakes

Carney and Mullen are both prodigious talents, and while I don't know how old Carney is, I know that Mullen's still very young by first grade terms - especially given the importance of the role he plays. I have no doubt that he is the man to take Johns' spot when he retires, as evidenced by the five straight wins we have with Mullen steering the ship.

As you say, time will tell what the two will become. On tonight's performance, I can't argue that Carney isn't the better talent. But I don't think we saw anywhere near what Mullen is capable of.

Raider Azz

Bench
just read through this topic with a massive grin on my face. awsome performance tonight by us, bring on parra.

also good to finally see people realise carney >>>>> mullen :D

Misanthrope

Staff member
Carney turns twenty one in June, so he's got almost a year on Mullen age wise. He also made his debut in 2004, whereas Mullen's came in 2005. I'm pretty sure that experiment didn't last long either, and he went back to the reserves afterwards as part of super coach's 'Hold juniors down' policy.

As raider says, Carney has the jump on him in both the age and experience stakes.

Raider Azz

Bench
tbh it won't matter, because as soon as johns retires mullen will move to halfback. so nsw and australia will be 6. carney 7. mullen anyway ;-)

Jake86

Juniors
Raider Azz said:
tbh it won't matter, because as soon as johns retires mullen will move to halfback. so nsw and australia will be 6. carney 7. mullen anyway ;-)

Hand off it, as good as they are, neither is close to thurston. He'll be the Aus HB for another 5-10 years

Misanthrope

Staff member
Hand off it, as good as they are, neither is close to thurston.

Kimmorley was never close to Johns either, but that didn't stop selectors from putting Kimmo in #7 and Johns in #9

kooriguy said:
lol wtf where did these kids come from.. are raiders actualy playing that good or are knights playing that sh*t, my guess is knights are playing that sh*t.

Do yourself a favour and what the game or at least some highlights of it, bigpond has a;; the games up midweek, then, come back and tell us the raiders didnt capitalise on the knights poor play???

lockyno1

Post Whore
Jake86 said:
Hand off it, as good as they are, neither is close to thurston. He'll be the Aus HB for another 5-10 years

Spot on. One of Mullen/Carney will be the 6 when Lockyer retires with Daniel Holdsworth a candidate as well, Wallace from Penrith is decent in that position.

Chachi

Bench
Rabbitohs2005 said:
Also, Its At Canberra, Monday Night Freezing Cold, How Will The Knights Handle The Climate Change ?
:roll:
Maybe they just turned up in T-shirts like most of the other people there?

RABK

Referee
It wasn't carney vs Mullen out there, mullen got the ball twice. Johns got schooled by Carney, not mullen.

Raider_69

Post Whore
raiders fans are ushering in the era of zill, carney, dobson, tilse, weyman, picker (who was again impressive last night!) and weyman, amongst others

aero

Juniors
ShineDog said:
Canberra fans...FACT : Tongue would play Premier League at the Bulldogs.
There's only 2 things Tongue is lacking to make it in the first grade for the Bulldogs.. and that's an ego and a big head.
I'd rather have Tongue in my team than anyone in the Dogs

ocko

juniors
tongue is a damn good player. would be on the bench for the dogs.

well doen canberra, played very well last night. zillman, carney, dobson, tilse, withers, costigan and tongue were their best.