What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canberra Raiders V Newcastle Knights *Match Discussion & Live Scores* SPOILERS

Who Will Win and What Margin ?

• Raiders 1-12

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Raiders 13+

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • Knights 1-12

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Knights 13+

Votes: 21 30.9%
  • Slim chance of a Draw ?

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ziggy the God

First Grade
I liked what I saw from the Raiders last week, as although outgunned, they certainly did not give up. Any team that goes down there to pick up two easy points will lose.

That said, it doesn't help them that Johns is back, and he will make sure that they play with intensity.

Newcastle 1-12.

raidersfan

Juniors
Raiders are getting stronger every week its just injuries keep mounting up. I am quietly confident of a Raiders win but all I hope for is a close game.

Raider_69

Post Whore
another game i dont expect to win, by all means we can win, but as long as its an improved performance on last week ill be happy That said, if we improve on the right areas with regards what we did in the melbourne game, we'll win comfortably
then next week we'll be primed to kick off our campaign :)

remember, this raiders side is still missing mick weyman, thom learoyd lahrs, matt bickerstaff, glen turner, bronx goodwin and probably some ive forgotten

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Raider_69 said:
remember, this raiders side is still missing mick weyman, thom learoyd lahrs, matt bickerstaff, glen turner, bronx goodwin and probably some ive forgotten

Can't forget big Troy Thompson Oh and Dunemann too.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Walt Flanigan said:
Can't forget big Troy Thompson Oh and Dunemann too.

there ya go

weyman
duneman
thompson
turner
bickerstaff
learoyd lahrs

thats a full starting pack we're still missing and not a bad one to boot, good news is bronx goodwin, mick weyman, glen turner, andrew dunemann andt troy thompson are due back in the next 2 weeks, with bickers and thommy a few behind them

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Regardless of what other people may say, this game will go down to the wire. I'm not overconfident about a win for the boys thats for sure. I keep going back to our disgraceful record down there. Prior to last year, we hadn't won a game down there of our own accord. We just don't like playing there, probably because most of the time, its too f**king cold :lol:

I liked what I saw of the Raiders in some highlights from last week, and we will need to go up a gear or two from last week's effort, otherwise we may struggle.

Knights by 4

Raider_69

Post Whore
skeepe said:
Raider, everything I've read suggests big TLL will be back next week also.

good news but for FG i think he is still 2 weeks off
i imagine he'll have a game or two in PL first to get some match fitness, before coming into our FG team in about rd 5-6

skeepe

Immortal
Sure is... rose through the ranks of the Canberra referees association and all.

Bicey_18

Bench
I like the Knights in this one....

Canberra's effort last week was great but can they back it up?
Can Canberra stop Joey? Who happens to LOVE playing the Raiders

Knights by 16

Knights should win by a cricket score all things considered.

However like many I can see this going down to the absolute wire, Canberra in both of there match's thus far have only played sh*t for like 20 min periods if they can go for the full 80mins there arent many teams that they cant go toe to toe with.

Still though. Knights by 13+ atleast, expect the same lapse that they've had in the past 2 match's.

mxlegend99

Referee
Knights 1 to 12.

Raiders were terrible in Round 1, and while they looked decent against Storm last week, the Knights won against Dragons and Doggies without Joey. With Joey, they should be more confident and win comfortably.

woodgers

Bench
This will be a good forwards battle (I hope, we have a better chance that way). Not going to predict a score, too hard. Not even sure who will win. Knights deserved favourites though.

Latest posts