What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canberra Raiders V Penrith Panthers - Round 2

brenno

Juniors
id have the same lineup montz except for the bench. I think you would have to put cross somewhere on the bench going up against that big panthers pack. I thought he did well when he came on against the dragons.

Bench:-

martin
hodgson
cross
drew

mike83au

Juniors
Raiders 2004 said:
Bring on the Panthers, they think they're foot of the mountains...they aint seen mountains till they come to Canberra! :D

Yeah, I just hope we can re-establish our really strong home ground advantage again.

I'd hate to see us head down the same path as Brisbane or the Dragons.

Paullyboy

Coach
Guys Graham isnt going to play, so stop hoping he will.

But how bloody impressive was Boogs against the Dragons? He really won me over in that game

paulquinn49

Bench
Your right Graham isnt going to play

Only changes are that Drew and Thompson have been added to the bench

greeneyed

First Grade
Drew, Thompson Back in the Mix for Big Clash

16/03/04: Fone Zone Canberra Raiders Coach, Matthew Elliott, has named a preliminary twenty-man squad for the Raiders blockbuster clash with defending Premiers Penrith this Friday night at Canberra Stadium.

Half Brad Drew and prop Troy Thompson have been added to the Raiders squad which defeated St.George-Illawarra 21-12 at Oki Jubilee Stadium last Sunday.

Drew missed the Raiders Round 1 encounter with a bruised sternum, and will be given until Thursday to prove his fitness for Friday night’s match.

Jarred Lawrence is again on stand-by for Drew after a solid performance against the Dragons last weekend.

Troy Thompson also returns to the Raiders bench after a stint on the sidelines with an injured knee. Thompson is on stand-by for lock Terry Martin, who strained a hip flexor during Sunday’s match.

Martin will likewise be given until weeks’ end to prove his fitness, before a decision is made on the final makeup of the Raiders team.

"We’re in a position at this stage of the year to pick our fittest seventeen,” explained Coach Elliott. "At this stage it would be ludicrous of me to pick any players who can’t offer a full physical commitment against such quality opposition," he said.

NRL Rd 2: Fone Zone Canberra Raiders v Penrith Panthers
@ Canberra Stadium, Fri 19 March, Kickoff 7:30pm

Coach: Matthew Elliott

1 Clinton Schifcofske
2 Joel Monaghan
3 Jason Bulgarelli
4 Adam Mogg
5 Michael Robertson
6 Jason Croker
7 Mark McLinden
8 Ryan O'Hara
9 Simon Woolford
10 Luke Davico
11 Ruben Wiki
12 Ian Hindmarsh
13 Terry Martin

14 Tyran Smith
15 Michael Hodgson
16 Ben Cross
17 Brad Drew
18 Jarred Lawrence
19 Troy Thompson
20 Matt Gafa

NSWRL VB Premier League Rd 2: Fone Zone Canberra Raiders v St Mary's-Penrith Cougars
@ Canberra Stadium, Fri 19 March, Kickoff 5:40pm

Coach: Wayne Collins

1 Matt Gafa
2 David Milne
3 James Evans
4 Alan Rothery
5 Steve Franciscus
6 Terry Campese
7 Mark Henry
8 Mark Bryant
9 Luke Jay
10 Darren Porter
11 Josh Miller
12 Kris Kahler
13 Nick Kouparitsas

14 Jack Pearson
15 Warren Aiken
16 Craig Rowsell
17 Blake Hinschen
18 Willie Scanlon

NSWRL Jersey Flegg Rd 2: Fone Zone Canberra Raiders v Penrith Panthers
@ Canberra Stadium, Fri 19 March, Kickoff 4:00pm

Coach: Dave Hamilton

1 Luke Gray
2 Nick Fredericks
3 Chad Grintell
4 Jason Moon
5 James McNamara
6 James Herbert
7 Michael Dobson
8 Brenton Lawrence
9 Scott Smith
10 Willie Raston
11 Mitch Hurley
12 Alex Blaydon
13 Glen Buttriss

14 Brad Cross
15 Ryan Barton
16 Warrick Baldwin
17 Scott Booth
18 Damien Major

mike83au

Juniors
paulquinn49 said:
Your right Graham isnt going to play

Only changes are that Drew and Thompson have been added to the bench

Good to see that Drew might be back this week...... but let us know what you guys reckon about Thompson. I think he's an average player who doesn't really inject anything into the match when he comes on to the field. Fair call?

paulquinn49

Bench
I rate Thompson, He is solid and makes some very strong runs and is a good defender

Most people only focus on him when he doesnt perform, which is unfair

mike83au

Juniors
paulquinn49 said:
I rate Thompson, He is solid and makes some very strong runs and is a good defender

Most people only focus on him when he doesnt perform, which is unfair

That's true. I guess i'm basing my opinion of what I saw from him last year, but i suppose he was hampered a fair bit by injury as well. Hopefully he's back to 100% and he can show us what he's really made of.

Elliott keeps saying that he's got big wraps on Thommo - and he's been right more times than wrong, so i'll go with him.

Paullyboy

Coach
I dont have any time for thompson either, I hear he is a top bloke off the field, but on the field he doesnt belong

woodgers

Bench
Sorry, not a big fan of Thommo either. We have heaps better players to get a go in front of him.

BIG question.

The Flegg side has a guy playing in no.14 called Brad CROSS. Tell me it's true and they're brothers or cousins or something.

brenno

Juniors
yeah i think he's the younger brother of ben..... not 100% certain though. Good to see troy "dropsy's" thompson back along with mr potato head but i think the only change elliot should make is to bring in brad drew for jarrod lawrence.

Also, "Mr. Bean" Hampstead is the ref for this game. I actually think he's a pretty damn good ref, so I'm happy with that.

Raider_69

Post Whore
na im not the biggest thommo fan, i think he is behind at least Waymen, Cross, Rothery, Tongue and Hodgo

he is solid, but nothing flash

mike83au

Juniors
RaiderMan said:
Also, "Mr. Bean" Hampstead is the ref for this game. I actually think he's a pretty damn good ref, so I'm happy with that.

I'm very happy with that - one of the best in the game i reckon. No home town decisions this week....

choc_soldier

Coach
Panthers team:

1. Rhys Wesser, 2. Amos Roberts, 3. Luke Lewis, 4. Paul Whatuira, 5. Luke Rooney, 6. Preston Campbell, 7. Craig Gower (c), 8. Joel Clinton, 9. Luke Priddis, 10. Martin Lang, 11. Joe Galuvao, 12. Tony Puletua, 13. Trent Waterhouse. Interchange: 14. Ben Ross, 15. Shane Rodney, 16. Luke Swain, 17. Danny Galea.