What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canberra Raiders V Penrith Panthers - Round 2

Tuffnell

Juniors
Troy Thompson when fully fit is one of the Raiders best forwards. He's had an unlucky run, but when he gets back in the swing and can string a few weeks together you'll see what he can do.

He's very similar to Michael Hodgson, one of the toughest blokes going around, but not often noticed because he puts his head down and rarely makes mistakes.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Schif V Wesser
Monnas V Rooney
Clinton V O Hara
Woolford V Priddis
Davico V Lang
Wiki and Hindy V Galuvao and Puletua

my god. im drooling :lol: :lol:

The fullback's showdown will be awesome, as even though Origin is ages away, I reckon whoever gets the better of the other on Friday could go a long way to getting first dibs on the Queensland #1.

mike83au

Juniors
Does anyone know what sort of crowd we're expecting? Hopefully somewhere near the 20000 would be nice.

Raider Ultra

Bench
Yeah I'd be guessing around 20 000, especially as its Friday and the Brumbies haven't been at home for a while. Anything under that will be a disappointment.

raidersfan

Juniors
I'm hoping for a packed house. Wessers weakness, as shown by the Bulls is under the high kick he yends to f**k up. Now since we don't have a good kicker thats one weakness we can't exploit unless Drew is on the bench or something.

Raiders by 8

raider_at_heart

Juniors
Yeah but McLinden did put a good spiral bomb up on the weekend which resulted in a drop ball and those kicks are always hard to take because the drift away from the catcher.

AdamH

Juniors
I'm hoping for a big Panthers win aswell as a big Crowd. The Raiders deserve at least 20k after last season's efforts and the tough win against St George Illawarra.

Just on Wesser. If he's targeted and messes up we are in trouble. But if he's confident I reckon we'll win. It's all up to Wesser! And Schif

Caged Panther

First Grade
I think the idea that wesser is weak under the high ball is a bit of a myth created by a one off bad day he had against bradford. I'm not saying his the best fullback ever under the highball just don't think he is as bad under it as has been made out since the wcc.

choc_soldier

Coach
Caged Panther said:
I think the idea that wesser is weak under the high ball is a bit of a myth created by a one off bad day he had against bradford.

I agree with you there. He did all right last week, considering it was Johns and co. hurling down the kicks.

But having said that, the two Lukes are safer under the high ball, especially Lewis.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i disagree, in his early days especially he was a shocker and i think we saw it creep out of him in the WCC

mike83au

Juniors
I'm not going to call Wesser bad under the bomb after one match at the beginning of year. There were so many things going against the Panthers in that game, it wasn't funny.... climate, opponents, match fitness, game time, etc.....

In saying that, he isn't invincible under the bomb and we should test him early on.

mike83au

Juniors
Has there been any news on whether Drew has passed his fitness test that was planned for this morning?

I haven't heard anything yet.... (1.55pm)