What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canberra v storm

Suitman

Post Whore
but the players and general community will still consider them premier IMO.

You couldn't be further from the truth.
No matter what happens in court, no supporter of any club will ever see them as worthy premiers. Not now. Not ever.

Suity

strider

Post Whore
Just off the topic, if they are 1.3 million over the cap (as reported) for 2011, I want to think how that would effect them. If they let go Cronk (sign 400K), Slater (sign 400k), Hoffman (sign 250K), Tollman and Manu (sign 200K) that would probably get them under the cap (assuming they were all replaced with 55K players. That would be an ordinary line up considering guys like Finch are moving on aswell. They essentially would have Inglis, Smith plus alot of inexperianced backs and forwards... I think it will take them around 5 years to get back to anywhere near competitive so realistically letting them play for points now is futile.

Carlton did a similar thing and the afl stripped them of their draft picks and that just destroyed the clubs ability to be sucessful. Taking the premierships off them i dont think does much tbh, i think its a good idea but the players and general community will still consider them premier IMO.

I agree with that .... I will always think melbourne won the grand finals in 2007 and 2009 - and then add the, "but they cheated" after - they still won it - no one else won .... no one can ever take that away - the joy they felt at the time they won it, all the fun during and after

Latest posts