What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canberra's Jersey

rugged

Juniors
What colour and type of jersey did Canberra wear this weekend as I didn't see the game and the photo in the Courier Mail this morning makes it look almost the same colour as the Roosters.

Does anyone have a photo or a link to a photo that shows it?

rugged said:
What colour and type of jersey did Canberra wear this weekend as I didn't see the game and the photo in the Courier Mail this morning makes it look almost the same colour as the Roosters.

Does anyone have a photo or a link to a photo that shows it?

It looked a bit Western Reds ish. It was a great innovation by the Raiders.

innsaneink

Referee
I Bleed Green said:
Too bad the Sydney media pretty much no-sold it...

Whaddya want?
Newsflashes and the backpage?

It was reported in Sydney media.......but seeing it was something that happened in canberra about a team from canberra .......well......
you work it out.
The Brisbane media obviously thouhght similarly.

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
30.07_indigjers_280.jpg

PB

Bench
A good idea in principal but a pitty you couldnt read the numbers on the back... Black number on a black jersey.....

Simon

Juniors
For mine the whole concept was to political. Politics and sport shouldn't mix. For mine concepts such as Aboriginal reconciliation and other political matters shouldn't be talked about within sport. There are plenty of other ways to bring up such concepts. I know myself if I'm watching or playing sport all I want to think about is the sport and not political matters.

Raider_69

Post Whore
it was political at all
it was a day to celebrate the contribution that aboriginal and torris straight islanders have made to the raiders organisation

Simon

Juniors
Oh okay my mistake. It was a good idea then. I thought it was to do with the whole stolen generation scenario.

Raider_69

Post Whore
well im not 100% sure but that was my take on it
i dont think it had anything to do with reconciliation/stolen generation stuff, if i did then i am also against it for your reasons

innsaneink

Referee
I thought the jersey looked good and the use of the
same design/pattern worked well.

The colors were an improvement too....I particularly
liked the Black,White and Orange!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
It was to recognise the Aboriginal Contribution to Rugby League.

and the colours are, Black, Yellow, Red and White, you know, the same colours on the Aboriginal flag. Don't know where you got Orange from? :?

innsaneink

Referee
Raiders 2004 said:
It was to recognise the Aboriginal Contribution to Rugby League.

and the colours are, Black, Yellow, Red and White, you know, the same colours on the Aboriginal flag. Don't know where you got Orange from? :?

Aaaah yes, white. :lol:

abflag.gif

greeneyed

First Grade
I disagreed with the whole thing. The Raiders should never play in anything but the green jersey. The team picked players without favour in relation to race, religion, colour or creed, they all wanted to play in the green jersey, and this "promotion" was the antithesis of that.

It was very difficult to distinguish the "reconcilliation" jersey from even the Roosters alternate strip.

The "all time" Raiders indigenous team was full of poorly performed players and half of them didn't turn up on the day... the whole thing was badly conceived and delivered.

Latest posts