What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannings to Titans

Hindyscrack

Bench
http://www.rleague.com/db/article.php?id=28291

Parramatta Prop Aaron Cannings has signed a three year deal with the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans and will join the club for the 2008 season.

An exciting, ball running Front Rower, Cannings will provide Coach John Cartwright with a perfect partner for workaholic Prop and Co-Captain Luke Bailey.

Cartwright said, "I have been impressed with Aaron's form this season and I am confident his style of play will complement the hard working pack that we have already assembled at the club. At 110kgs he is the big front rower that we have been searching for.

"Aaron has been one of the competition's form Props over the last month and again played strongly for Parramatta during their win over the West Tigers last night. He is built strong, runs low to the ground and is very mobile for a Front Rower, basically he is a very good fit for us.".

After missing the 2006 season through injury, Cannings has worked hard to play his way back into the Parramatta side and has been instrumental in the Eels recent surge up the NRL ladder.

While committed to the Eels cause for 2007, the 25-year-old is already looking forward to the new challenges which await him on the Gold Coast.

Cannings said, "I have been really impressed by the way things have gone for the Titans this year, they look to be a thoroughly professional Club on and off the field.

"I'm looking forward to playing under John Cartwright, and I am confident that the Titans strength and conditioning Coach Billy Johnstone will help take my game to the next level.

"Personally my partner Brenda and I are looking forward to relocating to the Gold Coast where we will be closer to our family who are based in Lismore."

News sent by: www.titans.com.au

Hurriflatch

Referee
Moving closer to family is understandable I guess but as others have mentioned Aaron owes Parra a lot for keeping him around when his form and injuries were bad

Stagger eel

Staff member
as good as he is...he's definitely replaceable.

goodluck to him and Brenda, I'll miss them round the neighbourhood.

After the euphoria that was last night this is depressing.

Good luck Canno...hope your last season with us goes deep into the spring months!!

Parra Guru

Coach
All the best to him. He's had a terrible run of injuries during his stay. Nice to see him get a 3 year deal somewhere else.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
That is not great news when he was just starting to repay the club's faith. Oh well we really need to resign Paulo or onother prop to start the game as Moimoi is by far best as a impact prop coming off the bench

sooperdooper

First Grade
good luck to the guy... he is starting to play well but the titans needs a big bopper...
im sure he will get a decent coin and enjoy it up there..

dazeely

First Grade
Hurriflatch said:
Moving closer to family is understandable I guess but as others have mentioned Aaron owes Parra a lot for keeping him around when his form and injuries were bad

spot on Hurri.

lets face it though he came with plenty but in the end we saw very little. Injuries have played there part I know but he has also had plenty of chances and done little. I suppose we have been blinded by the current form (3 weeks). Don't get me wrong as I would have preferred to have seen him stay but he is still a long way off really impressing me when you think of those like FFMM, Caylo, Bailey, Civinaciva and Co.

But out with one and in with another. Paulo maybe ?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
He repaid us by signing for a deal for significantly less money last year. He was offered a 3 year deal as well, how could he say no?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Just when he's starting to come good, he signs with someone else.:(

Oh well good luck to him, I hope he goes well there.

I hope he is replaceable, we dont want to lose too many forwards coming through the ranks.

Freak2

Juniors
Shattered!!!

Hopefully he gives us everything including the kitchen sink for the rest of the season!!

Pazza

First Grade
looks like we are in the market for some props.

i recon offer ben cross a starting spot,fui isdynamite off the bench

Latest posts