What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannings to Titans

TheParraboy

Staff member
Ron Jeremy said:
He repaid us by signing for a deal for significantly less money last year. He was offered a 3 year deal as well, how could he say no?

exactly right

How long do people think he should repay us for? another year? 2 years?
and let opportunities go like the titans ones by the wayside, lmao :lol:

CrazyEel

Bench
Bugger, am disappointed with that, personally believe he will be a big loss next year. :x
Hope Hages doesn't get any ideas about Perry.

Utey

Coach
He's only started to pick up when the others going good. Even Josh is played out of his skin when the rest of the pack sets the platform. Very replaceable.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
TheParraboy said:
exactly right

How long do people think he should repay us for? another year? 2 years?
and let opportunities go like the titans ones by the wayside, lmao :lol:

How about the time he signed for? We haven't had one good year out of the 3 and a half he's been here, he should give back the money he got from us because he hasn't earned a cent of it. If he wasn't injured, he was just being a lazy bum and you should forgive people for expecting more for the money he was getting.

TheParraboy

Staff member
ParraDude_Jay said:
How about the time he signed for? We haven't had one good year out of the 3 and a half he's been here, he should give back the money he got from us because he hasn't earned a cent of it. If he wasn't injured, he was just being a lazy bum and you should forgive people for expecting more for the money he was getting.

:lol:

Lets get money back from Dykes as well shall we :roll:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Disappointing news, Cannings has really started to hit his straps in the last month. You can't blame for him taking the 3 year deal, But it's good to know we have a guy like Paulo waiting in the wings.

Bazal

Post Whore
Bugger...he's just started playing well too...and up front is where we need players. Good luck to him though, a footballers career is short and he has lost a lot of time through injury, can't blame him for taking up a decent deal for three seasons

The Colonel

Immortal
Fa'aoso is better suited to the back row...... Paulo would be the logical choice to keep now Bubba has gone.

As long as it isn't Tsoulos I'm more than happy.

Suitman

Post Whore
Hindyscrack said:
http://www.rleague.com/db/article.php?id=28291

Parramatta Prop Aaron Cannings has signed a three year deal with the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans and will join the club for the 2008 season.

An exciting, ball running Front Rower, Cannings will provide Coach John Cartwright with a perfect partner for workaholic Prop and Co-Captain Luke Bailey.

Cartwright said, "I have been impressed with Aaron's form this season and I am confident his style of play will complement the hard working pack that we have already assembled at the club. At 110kgs he is the big front rower that we have been searching for.

"Aaron has been one of the competition's form Props over the last month and again played strongly for Parramatta during their win over the West Tigers last night. He is built strong, runs low to the ground and is very mobile for a Front Rower, basically he is a very good fit for us.".

After missing the 2006 season through injury, Cannings has worked hard to play his way back into the Parramatta side and has been instrumental in the Eels recent surge up the NRL ladder.

While committed to the Eels cause for 2007, the 25-year-old is already looking forward to the new challenges which await him on the Gold Coast.

Cannings said, "I have been really impressed by the way things have gone for the Titans this year, they look to be a thoroughly professional Club on and off the field.

"I'm looking forward to playing under John Cartwright, and I am confident that the Titans strength and conditioning Coach Billy Johnstone will help take my game to the next level.

"Personally my partner Brenda and I are looking forward to relocating to the Gold Coast where we will be closer to our family who are based in Lismore."

News sent by: www.titans.com.au

At the beginning of the year, I wouldn't have given a rat's about this decision, but since he has remained injury free, he has started to fulfill the potential he always had.
I see this as a sad loss.
I wish him well as he has had a lot of bad luck. I'm just disappointed we haven't yet had the opportunity to see his best. If he helps us to a Premiership this year, he will have more than repaid us.

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal
I'm actually very disappointed. I have been a big fan of Bubba's and....

Suity said:
I'm just disappointed we haven't yet had the opportunity to see his best. If he helps us to a Premiership this year, he will have more than repaid us

would agree with that totally. After last nights game probably even more so now as well.

Suitman

Post Whore
The Colonel said:

would agree with that totally. After last nights game probably even more so now as well.

Mate, I still remember how good he was at Manly, and how excited I was when we purchased him.
Has been a terrible disappointment, until now.
Fingers crossed that he remains injury free for the rest of the season - he deserves it.

Suity

The Colonel said:

I'm with you on this mate.

I'm not angry..definately not but disappointed as what I can see happening is that we get a full year out of him...have him realise his potential as a member of a pretty decent pack of forwards and then we have to start again with Paulo (as an example).

I'm not saying that Paulo cannot adapt, or any other player we sign for that matter, to his spot in the pack but my preference is that we retained him to capitilise further of being injury free. Of course what we cannot predict is if he is sidelined indefinately in the future.

I hadn't taken notice of a bloke like Ben Cross until recently and he could be a solid acquisition with FFMM off the bench (I think someone else mentioned this?)

Latest posts