What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Cannonball" Luke

Was wondering what all you guys think of Isaac Lukes "Cannonball" tackling style.

Seems that someone may have to get seriously injured before something is done regarding this type of tackle.

Munky

Coach
He's like Brad Drew circa 2001.

Give him 40 minutes per game and he looks a world beater give him 80 and he's about as effective as the Maginot Line.

DJShaksta

First Grade
I hope he cannonballs into someone's hip one game and breaks his shoulder.
Would be a fantastic LOL@50UFF$

meltiger

First Grade
Blight on the game and needs to be stamped out.

But Luke isn't the only one who does it.

I always assumed it to be a tactic for blokes who were small and couldn't tackle, until I saw Bryce Gibbs do it (I think against the Cowboys from memory)

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
He's obviously still suffering the effects of that high tackle against the Cowboys.

If you're going to have a crack at someone, have a crack at that cheap shot merchant Segayaro.

BunniesMan

Immortal
He's one of my favourite players and one of the best hookers in the game, but even I'm deeply disappointed in seeing him do this kind of tackle. This kind of tackle shouldn't have to be made illegal, every player who plays footy should by nature not be interested in hitting someone with a cheap shot like that.

I hope Luke eliminates it from his game very quickly and I hope it dissapears from the game entirely very quickly. It's not what rugby league is about.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
He's one of my favourite players and one of the best hookers in the game, but even I'm deeply disappointed in seeing him do this kind of tackle. This kind of tackle shouldn't have to be made illegal, every player who plays footy should by nature not be interested in hitting someone with a cheap shot like that.

I hope Luke eliminates it from his game very quickly and I hope it dissapears from the game entirely very quickly. It's not what rugby league is about.

You make a very good point :shock:

But you're right BM. Its incumbent on the players to play in the spirit of the game. By all means come in around the legs as third man, but not like that .

DC_fan

Coach
Issac has a Kamikazee takling style. For a player of his size it has to eventually take its toll.

He didn't have a good 2011 season. I know he had managerial problems and this may have affected his play.

I wonder if has peaked and this is the best we are going to see of him.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Issac has a Kamikazee takling style. For a player of his size it has to eventually take its toll.

He didn't have a good 2011 season. I know he had managerial problems and this may have affected his play.

I wonder if has peaked and this is the best we are going to see of him.

Was always going to struggle with the interpretation of the ruck this year when the tackled player couldn't walk off the mark. His only strength from dummy half is running the ball, so when that was taken away, he naturally struggled.

BunniesMan

Immortal
He's like Brad Drew circa 2001.

Give him 40 minutes per game and he looks a world beater give him 80 and he's about as effective as the Maginot Line.
The Maginot line would have been very effective if it could have moved...or if the germans had no tanks...or if the germans went directly at it, and preferably after telling the French what time they'd be coming.

:lol::lol::lol:

That's not the point though, the intention isn't a good look

The intention? It was a legit shot into the hip. If the whole "cannonball" issue hadn't been pointed out earlier in the season I'd say the players up top (Mannering & JWH) would have been blamed for that tackle going wrong.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The Maginot line would have been very effective if it could have moved...or if the germans had no tanks...or if the germans went directly at it, and preferably after telling the French what time they'd be coming.

Way to ruin a perfect joke with newly aquired wiki facts.

Latest posts