What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't wait for the 2013 season

Panthercam

Juniors
I can't wait till the 2013 season it's gonna be a big season, hopefully we play much better and more consistent then last year. Where so you guys reckon we will finish?
And who do you reckon will be the stand out player?

Panfas

Juniors
The biggest thing IMO hopefully will be the improvement in consistency. I think we will finish anywhere from 4th - 12th, but most likely 6th - 8th.

royceruled

Juniors
We have bought well.there is competition for every spot except half.If Luke Walsh could
be more consistent taking the line on and Coote continues to improve at 5/8 we will
give the comp a real shake barring injuries.

timka4

Bench
I think you guys are potentially under rated? If that makes sense hah, I think yous will go better than what a lot of people think you will. Always like the panthers, good luck with the year

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I think we'll be somewhere in the top 8 and I predict a massive massive season for Lochy Coote! I think he is going to develop into a world class 5/8.

franklin2323

Immortal
We have bought well.there is competition for every spot except half.If Luke Walsh could be more consistent taking the line on and Coote continues to improve at 5/8 we will
give the comp a real shake barring injuries.

As bad as Walsh was he still led the comp in repeat sets. In atleast 10 of our losses we had more possession, field position etc. So we were decent at most areas.

What hurt as was going to the right twice as often as the the left. Ineffective backrow. We looked 1000% when Robinson came on so the strong backrow will help. Coote looked so much better then Burns an off-season & positional play practice he will be better.

With Whare on the right instead of Tighe we will be better. Brown or Manu standing at 1st reciever instead of Ciraldo we will do better. Segeyaro even going himself instead of terrible passes from Kingston we will go better.

franklin2323

Immortal
Don't get wrong I still fear come round 1 Whare fb, Tighe centre, Newton in the backrow & Segeyaro getting little action off the bench.

I can see promise in the squad. Whether we turn the promise into results is another thing. I am more excited then this time 12months ago.

Panthercam

Juniors
I reckon we can finish in between 6-10th on the ladder if we don't get many injuries and play consistently throughout the year
The game changes will be how our halves pairing go they will set the platform to where we finish on the ladder

hardbaby

Coach
Wow. Panthers. 6th - 10th? Good luck with that. I think you have some solid signings and the club is absolutely moving in the right direction but it's all relative to the opposition. There are a lot of good teams out there. Going to be a very tight competition in 2013.

darkbloom

Juniors
I reckon we can finish in between 6-10th on the ladder if we don't get many injuries and play consistently throughout the year
T

If those conditions were achieved any team would finish up the ladder - no matter who was the coach. Elliott coached us to second in the home and away season when we had those conditions.

So, if Cleary is any good he should get us at least top 4 with minimal injuries and consistent play.

Kilkenny

Coach
Somewhere between 5th and 16th would be my best guestimate.

No chance of top four. Too many sides with stronger 1,6,7 and 9 it's that simple.

We have improved depth and more quality overall so with a good run with injuries we can certainly challenge for the top eight.

If we have a poor run with injuries to our key players then unlikely to seriously challenge for a top eight position.

The overall key for us is to improve our win ratio at home. We have won more games away from home since 2005 and our home form for the most part has been very poor. Need to win 75% of our home games before we are going to be a force again.

abpanther

Staff member
Hey guys, i start taking my 5 year old son to the footy this year

I wanna get him a jersey ( don't care what year really), any tips on where i could get one cheap without having to spend $100+ on a kids jersey?

I've tried ebay but no luck so far

betcats

Referee
Hey guys, i start taking my 5 year old son to the footy this year

I wanna get him a jersey ( don't care what year really), any tips on where i could get one cheap without having to spend $100+ on a kids jersey?

I've tried ebay but no luck so far

Its a joke that this even needs to be asked. $100 plus for a kids jersey that wont fit in a couple years, f**k me.

Sort your merchandise out NRL.

franklin2323

Immortal
A decent draw early on. Besides the Parra game on a Monday can't complain. I wanted the play the Sharks early on. Round 20 Gordon & Lewis will be injured by then that won't help spice it up.

Ab. Wait until the 2013 jersey comes out. Last years will be so much cheaper. Aside from ASIC's & no Cudo it will be the same as this years.