What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Captain Peacock

LeagueNut

First Grade
I thought he was GB's best player tonight by quite a margin. He had a few great runs and was strong on defence as well.

Just a shame the rest of his forwards didn't aim up.

Admittedly I haven't seen much of him playing except for these Tests, but he seems to have improved a hell of a lot since this time last year.

Jono078

Referee
Yeah he was pretty good for someone on the end of that scoreline.

Ellis was ok for another forward, although didnt seem to get involved in attack. Worst forward was Newton, yet again..

PRIDEOFLIONS

Juniors
LeagueNut said:
I thought he was GB's best player tonight by quite a margin. He had a few great runs and was strong on defence as well.

Just a shame the rest of his forwards didn't aim up.

Admittedly I haven't seen much of him playing except for these Tests, but he seems to have improved a hell of a lot since this time last year.

Peacock and Yeaman had good games. Everybody else on GB side were average or poor.

Cant think of a NZ player who didnt have a good one?

Balmain_Boy

Peacock was brilliant.

On captains, am I only one who sees Simon Mannering as a future Kiwi captain? Just gives off the vibe that he's a leader imo.

His improvement this year has been phenomenal.

PRIDEOFLIONS

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
Peacock was brilliant.

On captains, am I only one who sees Simon Mannering as a future Kiwi captain? Just gives off the vibe that he's a leader imo.

Mannering was faultless.

Balmain_Boy

I don't get the British forwards. A lot of them are bloody tall and have excellent frames, but they don't seem to have as much muscle on them as the Aussies and Kiwis.

Blokes like Peacock, Carvell and Hock all come to mind.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Balmain_Boy said:
Peacock was brilliant.

Maybe. He seems to be very mature for someone who recently turned 20, although maybe it just seems that way because he's already going bald and has impressive facial hair growing talents lol

He played really well tonight though, doesn't seem overawed at all, and from interviews he's one of the most articulate Kiwi players in recent times, so you might be on to something

PRIDEOFLIONS

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
Peacock was brilliant.

That would be funny to some of us older boys could you'd have Captain Peacock (Are You Being Served) against Captain Mannering (Dads Army):p

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Balmain_Boy said:
I don't get the British forwards. A lot of them are bloody tall and have excellent frames, but they don't seem to have as much muscle on them as the Aussies and Kiwis.

I think Hock is listed as something like 190cm and 94kg which is anorexic really, I can't think of any forwards in the NRL with that build

Carvell is a big unit though, sure you're thinking of the right guy?

LeagueNut

First Grade
Balmain_Boy said:
On captains, am I only one who sees Simon Mannering as a future Kiwi captain?
He's got to figure out his best position first.

Second row gets my vote after tonight (although he still spent a bit of time in the backline).

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
PRIDEOFLIONS said:
Mannering was faultless.

Mannering will be a great player and it's through brains and hard work as much as talent. I remember after last year a lot of people thought he was hardly up the NRL level ,and aftert the first test they said the same about him in tests... but he's proved them wrong on both counts. Not the most naturally gifted player around but huge heart and a good football brain.

Balmain_Boy

Getting Ellis and Carvell mixed up. Ellis is who I meant.

It's frustrating - all three have the height and shoulders to be giants.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
lol nice save

I still reckon Mannering actually plays best at centre btw. And I'd love to see him back there in place of Matai, to team up with Vatuvei.

PRIDEOFLIONS

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:

Its a Mauri/Pacific Islander thing I think. Huge wide framed scary monsters like...well most of your pack or lean mean machines like Webb and Harpe. Union All Blacks just the same, Rockocoko is a monster winger and Jerry Collins enourmous in the cenrtres.

Mason and Inglis are two more examples.

Latest posts