What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Captain Peacock

Balmain_Boy

Ellis is 6'2 at 100 kilos. He looks taller than that, but he really could use an extra bit of weight imo. Even Fielden isn't giant.

Balmain_Boy

I dunno about that POL. The pommie forwards just don't look that thickset, even in comparison to the Australian forwards like O'meley, Hindmarsh, O'donnell.

O'loughlin is another example, he's bloody small.

Nook

Bench
Peacock has been amazing in three games so far, clearly GB's best.

Followed by Ellis, Wellens and Roby who have been consistently good. Ellis in particular is a quality second rower.

Senior was ordinary tonight but has been OK so far, Yeaman looks likely, Pryce, Gilmour and Raynor have held their own.

The rest have been dissapointing.

Nook

Bench
I don't think the skinny thing matters too much either way to be honest. They're all strong, wiry and mobile and they don't lack size in the front row. Australia have the beefier types but that hasn't served us particularly well in the past few years. Size isn't everything, even in the forwards.

Balmain_Boy

Hmmm maybe. They make metres easy enough, but I do wonder if they wouldn't be more effective in defence with a bit more size.

I'd also like to see them trying to get their arms free a bit more often.

Also, what's the deal with McGuire? He looks to have the good, but he just can't seem to convert them into points, at least on the international level.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
PRIDEOFLIONS said:
Its a Mauri/Pacific Islander thing I think. Huge wide framed scary monsters like...well most of your pack or lean mean machines like Webb and Harpe. Union All Blacks just the same, Rockocoko is a monster winger and Jerry Collins enourmous in the cenrtres.

Mason and Inglis are two more examples.

It's not just Islanders though. Look at the non-Islander Aussie forwards

Hindmarsh 186cm 104kg
O'Meley 180cm 100kg
Ryan 186cm 105kg
O' Donnell 186cm 102kg
Thaiday (aborigine?) 181cm 108kg
Carroll (not sure....) 186cm 103kg

whereas the Poms have

O'Loughlin 187cm 93kg
Peacock 195cm 101kg
Hock 190cm 94kg
Gilmour 188cm 98kg

they do have bigger guys in Fielden and Carvell (112/113kg), but there's 4 forwards in the squad well over 6' tall and only one of them scrapes over 100kg.

Nook

Bench
Maguire is the kind of player who could tear a team apart with some direct running on the end of a solid organising halfback. He'd look great running off Jones, for instance. He looks lost at sea outside Long.

I'd love to see him have a crack at fullback, not now though.

innsaneink

Referee
PRIDEOFLIONS said:
That would be funny to some of us older boys could you'd have Captain Peacock (Are You Being Served) against Captain Mannering (Dads Army):p

That would put you in your 30's/40's I'd guess...and here me thinking youre in youre nine, ten, early teens, going by your posts.
My word, you do have problems, dont you?

ledzep

Bench
peacock's been awesome this series
morley's played very well too i thought these last two tests

innsaneink

Referee
Peacock was a clear standout for the poms, one run late in the first half where he dragged 3 or 4 for what seemed an eternity summed up his nite.

Wiki for NZ easily their best.

PRIDEOFLIONS

Juniors
innsaneink said:
That would put you in your 30's/40's I'd guess...and here me thinking youre in youre nine, ten, early teens, going by your posts.
My word, you do have problems, dont you?

9,10, earlry teens...christ mate thats a bit of a spread...were you dating 9 year olds when you were 14?

Thinkin about it, how can you have ever been with a girl if you've been locked in your room writing 13 thousand posts.

Thats a bit f**king sad to be honest...and a bit wierd:sarcasm:

D

Deleted member 10972

Morley & Peacock have been excellent all series. What would be amazing for GB is if they had Fielden & Ryan Bailey up front, Moz & Peacock in the backrow, Sculthorpe at lock, & Ellis off the bench in his utility role, along with the talneted Roby, & two more props (Carvell & someone). No more of this Hock, Wilkin, Gilmour, O'Loughlin garbage. All big men. Morley Peacock both play at their best in the backrow. Neither are built like props.

ali

Bench
Hock is only young. A couple more decent off seasons and he'll be big enough. Looks a good player for mine.

You should have seen how skinny he was when he first debuted for Wigan. I reckon he would have been lucky to crack 88kg, and he was still playing in the back row.

D

Deleted member 10972

Whatever happened to that big Danny Tickle bloke? He was heralded as a great young backrower. And what about Danny Sculthorpe, how is he going.

Micistm

Bench
Captain Peacock...are you free?!

Sorry, I just got that one.

Anyway, good player, had a good game and was leading by example for his team.

Latest posts