What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Captain?

ghoti

Bench
Gotta be coaches son Simmons wouldn't it?

My bet would be for Raper to give it to one of Dykes, Ross or Thompson. Ross would have to be the favourite as he was bought as a forward leader.

Dykes would be dangerous if the rumours about factions that don't think Dykes is quality are true.

My choice would be Hilder. Always been a very good leader and he has the right temperament for the job.

Plus I have man love for him.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Its actually a very good question from a 3 time poster.
Consider the quandries.
Dykes is obvious as he has been our best all year in results & effort. But politics will see that squashed.
In fact, if he isn't, it will confirm rumours.

Ross? 40-50 minutes on the field. So thats a no.
same all forwards except for Thommo & maybe Hilly & kinga.
kearney, first game, doubt it.
Simmons? I don't think so , as much as they would want to.
Scott ? no.
Covell?, no

Leaves Bails. 80 minutes senior player.
kinga as a bolter.
Dykes as the unseen captain.

ghoti

Bench
The more I look at it, the more I see Hilder as the obvious choice. Although I do agree with you on most of your post BTR, I can't see Bailey getting the nod. Poor temperament...in saying that, you can't get much worse than Noddy.

It's certainly a pickle. My vote's Hilder as is shark_girl i'm sure...

Alan Shore

First Grade
Hilder is an 80 minute player, though I doubt they'll use him for the full game. But I'd say he, Williams and Bailey would be the frontrunners.

outer shark

Juniors
Think your right Sideline Dykes may be making decisions on field but I don't think he will have a C next to his name.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Has to be dykes, i agree with reef if he isnt he must be well out of favour, either that or the stonecutters have taken over the board...Could be a feasible reason we havent won a premiership, the stonecutters..........

Latest posts