What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carbs

GAZF

First Grade
There is obviously more complexities than just "calories in<calories out", but I find that if you are meticulous about counting your calories eaten and measure them against your calories burnt every day to ensure you are always in deficit, you WILL lose weight.

Whats more, most if not all people who are overweight/obese could also stand to actually start moving their fat ass around from time to time, so the exercise is certainly not going to hurt. I don't care how many salads you eat, if you are just plopped in front of a computer all day and your ony exercise is walking to and from your car each morning you aren't going to be in optimal health.

The same of course is true that you can run for an hour every day but if you are eating shit every meal you are still likely going to be in less than ideal condition (unless you are an absolute elite like Michael Phelps. He eats like a f**king 800 pound pig just to keep his body fueled)

I agree that overall reduction in caloric intake is one variable that helps in weight loss but its a multivariate problem with variables that aren't paid enough attention.

The book I mentioned in my previous post is a fantastic deconstruction of the CICO model and it really opened my eyes on the feedback cycle of metabolism. Worth a read.

gUt

Coach
I lost around 15kg over the Xmas period doing a strict Keto diet. Now maintaining just by watching total food intake.

GAZF

First Grade
I lost around 15kg over the Xmas period doing a strict Keto diet. Now maintaining just by watching total food intake.
Congrats on the weight loss. The keto diet is such a pain in the arse to maintain but its pretty effective.

gUt

Coach
Thanks

We found it really easy. For the first 2 weeks we followed this meal plan and from then on just all no-carb food. It starts to taste the same after a while but it wasn't hard

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Thanks

We found it really easy. For the first 2 weeks we followed this meal plan and from then on just all no-carb food. It starts to taste the same after a while but it wasn't hard

I'm the same. Dropped 30kgs over 5 months a few years ago doing strict Keto.

I'm not as strict these days (in that I don't meticulously count macros and calories) but the weight stays off. Once I learned a variety of foods and meals that I could eat, it became very easy to stick to.

Latest posts