What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carling Cup Final: Chelsea v Liverpool

video_ref

Juniors
Really looking forward to this game, hope it's a quality final. Anyone know if/when it is being broadcast in Australia?

Macca_

Coach
Always found it hard to get into the League Cup Final.

None of the big clubs really take it seriously until the Final if they make it. Man Utd and Arsenal in particular play second string sides all the time.

With the huge fixture list it really has become a competition for the 'also rans' to try and win. The exception being Chelsea who have enough players to fill 2 quality top flight teams and have basically made the final with their second stringers...

As my older brother is a scouser and I have a new found hatred for Chelsea though I will have to cheer on Liverpool.

Haven't seen any mention of it being shown... Foxtel don't have it, don't think SBS has and ESPN most likely won't...

Macca_

perth sharkie

Juniors
Foxtel have shown the League Cup final in past years, so hopefully it will be on again. I'm looking forward to it.

Despite the criticism of the League Cup itself (mainly due to clubs not taking it seriously), the cup finals over the last few seasons haven't been bad games. In contrast to some dire FA Cup finals I've had to witness lately.

Macca_

Coach
Probably an indication of the value of both cups Sharkie. League Cup is a bit more open where as the FA Cup is far bigger and lots more to lose...

This one will be good to watch if the scousers don't play to much of that long ball garbage they can do :D . Not having a go at them, it just gets boring watching them sometimes. Throw back to the GG days at Highbury...

Had a look on Foxtel website at the TV guide and nothing on there about...

Macca_

weasel

First Grade
Yeah, I recall foxsports showing it the last few season. It'd be sad if they're not broadcasting it now, when the final is actually an interesting game. Chelsea to win.

MONY

Juniors
liverpool 2 chelsea 1......... chealsea are too good of side not to score........ liverpool will step up like they did in the champ league

Macca_

Coach
Chelsea are too good a side to not score however I think they are too good a side to not concede 2 goals in this one either. Liverpools style will find it hard to break through, and while I'll be cheering them on cause I'd like to see Moronho lose it, I think Chelsea will win 2-0, maybe 3-1.

Macca_

Macca_

Coach
They put all their money into the Premier League Raider. And they have at least 5 games a week, so I'm not complaing. I remember the days of waiting for the 1 hour highlight package on SBS each week :)

As I posted above, its an indication of how the football world sees the League Cup these days.

Macca_

SP

Bench
Liverpool 1-0

chelsea have got the EPL basically, cant they just let Liverpool just win something lol

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Chelsea have been knocked out of the FA Cup and lost the first leg of their CL match in close succession. So if Liverpool can win this we will really see how strong Chelsea are. They still have to play Man Utd and Arsenal in the league, so that 9 point lead could be shrinking in the near future.

Hopefully: Liverpool 1 - 0 Chelsea
Realistically: Liverpool 0 - 2 Chelsea

Foz

Bench
You'd think one of the Fox Sports or ESPN would have this game on.
Liverpool will win.
Even if Dudek has to get them home on penalties. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well he does owe us and he's done it before.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Setanta might be broadcasting it. If so, expect to pay a cover charge of $15-$25 to get in to a pub...

fat_mike

Juniors
3-2 to chelsea

liverpool open up the scoring after 45 seconds with a john arne riise goal. quickest goal in cup history. unfortunately gerrard scores an own goal. match goes into extra time where chealse get away to a 3-1 lead. liverpool get a goal back with 7 minutes remaining.

both teams had fair amount of chances. lampard was star of the match.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Bugger. Damn Gerrard, just because he's probably joining Chelsea does he have to go and score for them in this game? ;-)

Eddie.

Bench
I see considerable silence in this thread since Chelsea's victory

THERES ONLY ONE STEVEN GERRARD!! :lol:

Latest posts