What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carling Cup

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Who cares its some sh*t cup...

We got Liverpool to look forward to this weekend.

every one that gets their arse handed to them criticizes the Carling Cup

seem to remember the Gooners saying the same thing last year when we wiped them 5-1

Dutchy

Immortal
Never cared for it..honestly, we are in sh*t form atm..I would be upset if we weren't concentrating on Liverpool and only Liverpool.

Tommax25

Bench
I don't know why people are hating at the league cup (screw carling). Sure its the least presitgious trophy on offer out of the 4 (premiership, championsleague, fa cup, league cup in order for mine) but winning it guarentees european football, and it is a trophy when most clubs will not win one. Lasy year was an exception as we had two non big 4 teams (portsmouth and tottenham) winning them. Any club would want to win it.

Also, to the people saying QPR will win it, no way (and thats not what I call them but that might be a little offensive for this forum). Leeds all the way baby:D

Tommax25

Bench
QPR > leeds

they are above them in division now but:
leeds first division wins=3/5, qpr=0/1
leeds fa cup wins/runners up=1/3, qpr=0/1
league cup wins/runner up are equal.
leeds charity shield wins/runner up=2/1, qpr=0/2
leeds champions cup wins/runners up=0/1, qpr=0/0
leeds cup winners cup wins/runners up=0/1, qpr=0/0
leeds euro cup wins/runner up=2/1, qpr=0/0

leeds>>>>>>>>>>>qpr

Tom Shines

First Grade
We've got bigger fish to fry like the UEFA Cup, and we don't have the squad size of the Super Sky 4 to really compete in the League Cup properly.

Would have liked to hang around a bit longer though.

Tommax25

Bench
I'm not 100% sure but I don't think so. I think they are fine in the financial department now, not much loan debt like they used to have. They wouldn't risk it after they were punished for the same crime twice.

Latest posts