What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carney a Knight in 06

hatty said:
His stats from the last two seasons with Wigan are:
PLayed 18 games
Tries 4
Thats out of a possible 60ish games, now you know why we are pretty pleased to get rid of him

4 tries form a total of 8 games? And Matty Johns quotes him as being the best winger in the world?

Huh Maybe this is Mattys revenge for them not offering Matt a contract all those years ago. 4 trys from 18 games. Manyof our forwards have better strike rates. Sounds like he's just a mate of Matty's... Another case of jobs for the boys.

Brendon

Juniors
~knights~ said:
I was reading the herald today

Matty johns says this of his mate Carney that he can cover every postion in the backs and even f/b if stretched.

"What he also brings is off the field because he is a bloke of tremendous character,and he's going to be great to have around the club."

Through his alter egos,Trent,Reg and randy :Matty johns is often the clown of the circus,but he believes Carney is just as capable.

"I'm telling you ,he is sillier than I am,beyond a shadow of a doubt"
So he will fit in really good at newcastle
He will be one of those players that will be really good for the club ,and even though he is only there for 12 months,he will be remembered for a long time"

How could anyone be sillier than matty :lol:

Oh I wouldnt doubt Brian is more sillier than Matty, you just have to watch that episode of the footy show in 2001 i think, when him and Matty were at Wimbledon dressed up as tennis players, interviewing the public with Brian havin his shorts all the way up to his head, not literally but yeah you get the point. He is a character and there is no doubt he his gunna be a huge name in Newcastle. He will be popular and I know that Im going to make him feel more than welcome and I kno alot of others will 2.

~knights~

Juniors
Brendon said:
Oh I wouldnt doubt Brian is more sillier than Matty, you just have to watch that episode of the footy show in 2001 i think, when him and Matty were at Wimbledon dressed up as tennis players, interviewing the public with Brian havin his shorts all the way up to his head, not literally but yeah you get the point. He is a character and there is no doubt he his gunna be a huge name in Newcastle. He will be popular and I know that Im going to make him feel more than welcome and I kno alot of others will 2.

Hahaha

Yeah I remember that

I didn't know that was Carney,lol.

And in the end they got one of the public to take a photo ,then ran off with his camera,lol