What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carney in trouble again???

Walt Flanigan

Referee
bluesbreaker said:
As I said, if you had the option of;

a) getting caught driving DQ'd, losing your licence permanently or
b) taking the cops on a chase through the streets of Canberra and then legging it, all the while KNOWING you're gonna get caught and probably going to gaol,

What would you choose? I think him having had a few is the only real explanation, unless he's much much dumber than even I thought.

He didn't have alot of time to weigh up his options. He obviously freaked. If he geniunely wanted to try and away the chase might have lasted a little longer than a few hundred metres. It was 5:30 in the arvo, I'm thinking he wasn't pissed.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Bluesbreaker, Carney knew two things when he saw the sirens:

1. He was not lisenced to drive
2. He was on his last chance with regards of his club and his freedom

i think its pretty obvious that he saw the sirens hit the panic button and made a terrible decision, im yet to see it reported that he was drinking, Irwin was said to be co-opperating with officers, so one would assume if he was drinking with Irwin, the police would know about it. Add to that, the info ive recieved, which to this date, has been 100% spot on, claims carney had no touched a drop all day, Irwin had, which is why Carney was driving Irwin's ute.

The reason he handed himself a few hours latter was that he spoke to his perents and officals of the club after doing the runner and was convinced that was as equally a dumb move as driving in the first place, so he handed himself in. Suggesting he had also been drinking, without any proof other then a theory of yours is pretty silly.

Edwahu

Bench
The fact he ran all the way back to Queanbeyan to be with his mum seems to suggest he might of panicked. If he just wanted to sober up he probably could of just gone home or to a mates place.

perverse

Referee
sydraider said:
No offence mate but this post is f**king idiotic and you just contradicted yourself with it.
i've got no problem with idiotic.. but contradictive? please explain?

christ anyone would think i shat in your cereal. pull your head in.

Raider_69 said:
Bluesbreaker, Carney knew two things when he saw the sirens:

1. He was not lisenced to drive
2. He was on his last chance with regards of his club and his freedom

I think its pretty obvious that he saw the sirens hit the panic button and made a terrible decision, im yet to see it reported that he was drinking, Irwin was said to be co-opperating with officers, so one would assume if he was drinking with Irwin, the police would know about it. Add to that, the info ive recieved, which to this date, has been 100% spot on, claims carney had no touched a drop all day, Irwin had, which is why Carney was driving Irwin's ute.

The reason he handed himself a few hours latter was that he spoke to his perents and officals of the club after doing the runner and was convinced that was as equally a dumb move as driving in the first place, so he handed himself in. Suggesting he had also been drinking, without any proof other then a theory of yours is pretty silly.
Was he under the influence of drugs as well when he apparently SAW the sirens ?? :lol:

nickraider

Juniors
WTF was Carney thinking??? Can't believe some of the blokes on this forum are putting the blame on Steve Irwin. They were both obviously pissed, and Carney beleiving he was bulletproof and all, took it upon himself to drive, doing the type of stuff typical braindead 20yr old f**kwits do, burnouts, speeding etc. The guy has only just been disqualified from driving a couple of months ago, yet decides to draw attention to himself and do more donuts. And in Irwin's car?!!!! He was obviously pissed. How the f**ck was running away going to get him off? The car is registered to Steve Irwin!! Not hard for the cops to check out the rego and track him down. Maybe he was hoping Irwin would take the rap for him!! Very disappointing. Will probably end up with Elliott at Penrith on 400k a year and the Raiders will miss out on one of their own. Shattered!!!!!!

Timbo

Staff member
The guy is an idiot.

I think we have to sack him. No doubt about it, were it anyone else, they'd get the arse for something like this.

We can't have double standards in the club and he's used up his last chance imo.

Incidently, people questioning why he handed himself in? The cops knew who he was-he'd be in a whole world more trouble if he'd made them hunt him down.

Chachi

Bench
Who knows if he was DUI, but the cops didn't get a chance to test him did they?

What is clear is that he pissed his pants when he heard the sirens and did what many 20 year olds with a suspended licence would do in a similar situation.

The problem is, no matter what the club does they'll be derided for imposing double standards.

bluesbreaker

Bench
I hope you guys are right. I also hope Raiders sack him so Knights might buy him, we've got the cash to spend now that Joey's gone.

Brimmer

Juniors
Just curious how he lost his liscence for five years in the first place? That seems like a hefty suspension?

jed

First Grade
Doing burnouts while intoxicated. He was very lucky not to serve time back then.

Brimmer

Juniors
But he must have been extremely pissed to cop a 5 year ban? I mean... somebody I know was caught .13 and lost their liscense for 9 months?

greenhat

Juniors
It was his second offence I think.
I'd say it was the fact that he was hooning around goulburn, off chops, way over the speed limit that got him in trouble more than the burnouts.

Also I think he later appealed it down to 2 years.

julian87 said:
Steve Irwin is now officially our worst signing ever imo. He is now known for his name and giving his car keys to Todd Carney.

Sure its a f**kwitted thing to do but talk about miss the point at the end of the day Todd Carneys a grown man and its his responsability.

Bottom line is Canberra said one more f**k up and his gone regardless of his consequences Carney will have proved his bigger then the club and the clubs credability if they dont get rid of him.

Will Canberra be the joke of the NRL, I'll be very interested as I respect Canberra a lot and they are my second team.

Latest posts