What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carney In

Brimmer

Juniors
Milne will be there in the future... If anything I'm hoping he is looking at who is going to be the centre in the next couple of weeks... by now a few players must be on notice. I'd like Campo to come off the bench. He can play in the halves, backs and be a backrower too.

AFAG has been hopeless. He is slow off the mark. Shows no desperation in defence and lets the ball bounce even if it is markable. How you can consistently reward him with a position I'll never know. Other than that - not a bad side. Tyran will be there to give the Parra Forwards a bit of stick - 50/50 there.

Boing Boing

Juniors
ausraider said:
Where are you benmeyer.Tell me how my opinion of Milne in place of Frawls is a bad one.I haven't even questioned about Tired and Cross and Gaffa.Poor bloke Milne gets shafted just because Frawls toe nails are not hurting anymore.Load of crap mate.Read understand and put your 5 bobs opinion.Thanks.lol

I am in Canberra.

Your opinion is ill-informed because you live in Queensland, so you have seen Milne play in Premier League roughly zero times. You have seen roughly 8% of his performances at the most, given that he's played only 90 minutes in firsts. I'm willing to bet that you haven't been to many first grade games either, whereas I have been to all including the one at Melbourne and have seen roughly 80% of PL matches, making me far more qualified to form an opnion on this subject. I can also for a proper sentence and mount an argument without resorting to swearing or slander.

Roy Rover

Juniors
I think it's a pretty good looking side and I'm looking forward to the game.
Re Benmeyer - Don't worry mate I think I agree with most of the things you say.
Maybe some of these madmen should head to the GH where they'd fit right in!

Raider_69

Post Whore
Roy Rover said:
I think it's a pretty good looking side and I'm looking forward to the game.
Re Benmeyer - Don't worry mate I think I agree with most of the things you say.
Maybe some of these madmen should head to the GH where they'd fit right in!

GH, were all madmen nego's post ;-)

Boing Boing

Juniors
You're not a madman 69! You're more of an eccentric, perfect for the Raiders Army. Will we see you this weekend?

Raider_69

Post Whore
benmeyer said:
You're not a madman 69! You're more of an eccentric, perfect for the Raiders Army. Will we see you this weekend?

no cause my f**k head mates decided they didnt want to go down this week and instead want to make better use of my house which will be vacant as my olds are away on business... ill be down in canberra on the 29th-31st but no raiders games... im f**kin pissed! :x

but thankfully ive got a back up plan, a chick i know has her P's and a car, she is a sharks fan but ive convinced her to come and join us in the army for a day so ill chat to her and before the year is out hopefully ill get to another game or two :D

Definately the parra game, and hopefully one or two of the Rabbits, Tigers or Eagles games :D

ausraider

Juniors
benmeyer said:
I am in Canberra.

Your opinion is ill-informed because you live in Queensland, so you have seen Milne play in Premier League roughly zero times. You have seen roughly 8% of his performances at the most, given that he's played only 90 minutes in firsts. I'm willing to bet that you haven't been to many first grade games either, whereas I have been to all including the one at Melbourne and have seen roughly 80% of PL matches, making me far more qualified to form an opnion on this subject. I can also for a proper sentence and mount an argument without resorting to swearing or slander.

Lets put swearing aside.I am only in QLD for last 12 mnths.Before that I lived at Campbelltown and travelled to watch Raiders play about 4-6 times in Canberra and always was there when they played in Sydney.I will be there when they play Broncos down here as well.My opinion is not ill informed at all.the only thing I would like you to justify to me is how you drop Milne for frawley.Let alone all other selection which Iam not concerned about at all anyway.my argument is Frawley is so injury prone how does he get the jump on Milne.And my final say Milne from little I have seen is just as good or will be a better winger than Howell, Gaffa and Frawley.Remember the season is only 8 weeks away from end and so far Frawley has done anything special for me to think he is worth what he is getting from Raiders, I mean $$$.I am prepared to eat my word if proven wrong, but you don't go blooding a player by dropping him in and out of FG.I thought he was starting to feel comfortable and growing in confidence but thats only me I guess.I guess when I saw that word negos it pissed me off little but thats done now it's fresh we both supporting the same team so if you ib Brisi for the game let me know, well have a drink or two to make up.

twistedbydesign

Juniors
raidersfan said:
that won't be the run on side

agreed.

Wouldn't surprise me too see Tongue start at hooker with Carney on the bench. I can handle this tactic if Toddy gets on midway through the first half, not midway through the second as has been the case previously. I also think Robertson is 18th man to cover for Frawley, who knows if he will play this week. Howell may also line up on the wing with either Frawley or Graham slotting into the centres.

Timbo

Staff member
Cannot believe that Elliot can make such good and HORRIBLE calls in the one lineup.

Why on EARTH is Gafa still there? Wolfy would've played better last weekend!

Carney getting the start is a positive sign at least.

Mal Meninga

Bench
It's one of the better sides named this year, but Carney probably won't start. I really hope Carney can find his feet in first grade, and his youth and enthusiasm can inject the team into a finals charge, because i'm not sold at all on Withers playing halfback, he offers nothing as an organiser.

Chachi

Bench
Not a bad looking team IMO. I can only hope Tyran pulls a brain cartilage in the warm up and gets replaced with...well...anyone. I also guess it would be too much to ask for Mogg to be abducted by aliens on the way to the stadium - but other than that it looks OK.

My not-so-secret fear is that Graham and Frawley will actually be the two no-shows again - only to be replaced by our two wingers from hell.

My not-so-secret fear is that Graham and Frawley will actually be the two no-shows again - only to be replaced by our two wingers from hell.
That's only because The Gaff is a ball playing genius, and deserves a shot in the 6 & the 7.

He is wasted on the wing, with his magical abilities.

ausraider

Juniors
Schif_Happens said:
That's only because The Gaff is a ball playing genius, and deserves a shot in the 6 & the 7.

He is wasted on the wing, with his magical abilities.

Schif you're a legend.if only the coach thinks like you and many more from this forum, I think the team would not be 10th on the ladder.

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
Yeah i think it's funny how a select bunch of posters whine about premier league players not being in first grade. Although i think howle is a nuffy, if he and mog were are premier league centers all year, half of u would be crying that they wernt in first's, mog would destroy premier!!!

Mog has been a little out of form but he is leagues ahead of all premier league backs, he was even talked about as a possible QLD back last year and for good reason too!

Macca_

Coach
Was going to ask what Raiders fans thought of Tyran Smith, but there's enough comments to answer my question :lol: I've always seen him as a guy that gives away to many stupid penalties and drops to much ball.

Haven't seen to much of Carney, seems to have some raps. Hopefully he shines for you guys, but not this weekend :D

Macca_