What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Origin III - Wed 17 Jul - QLD 4-14 NSW @ Suncorp

Series: QLD v NSW

• Queensland

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • New South Wales

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iamback

Coach
I mean it’s not a totally awful plan to niggle Luai when you come across him during a game and the 12 v 12 period suited Qld, but it’s like DCE abandoned every other part of his game to grub it up. Put himself off his own game.

Luai chooses his targets well, He got Luke Brooks earlier the year. We scored off the back of it

Iamback

Coach
Tbf he was complaining about Murray not being sent rather than Nanai being binned.

We got lucky with Kleins made up sub a mate call.

It was never a send off. Murray never went onto the field. Just another example of QLD being rattled since post game 1

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Edwards best on field my ass. He was better than I thought but not even close. Next minute you will claim yeo was great. Nothing more than a poor man's Nathan Brown.
But it doesn't matter really does it. NSW won and thats all that counts .
At least a older didn't get player of the series 😀
f**k me. Have you ever watched this sport before? Yeo missed 1 tackle for the whole series and captained the side brilliantly

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Think the truth around the Edwards/Tedesco debate is somewhere in the middle of what both sides are saying. I know Edwards got MOTM but he didn't do a lot in the first half and isn't really a threat in the opposition 20. His workrate is insane but. I think he's probably around a 10% improvement on Tedesco.
He's the best defensive fullback in the world and it's not even close. It was also nice to not have Teddy ruin 2 or 3 plays every set hogging it and slipping all over the place

YoHadrian

Juniors
Love the Blues. Hate the Klein.

That penalty try bollocks at the end made me want to waste a perfectly good beer & hurl it at my flatscreen. C***,

Great game though. One of the best.

p.s Suck it Queensland you cane toad shagging gronks.
p.p.s F*** Wally Lewis.

mongoose

Coach
Moses kicking was fantastic and then that try. But he wasn't picking the right attacking passes and so contributed to those knock ons.
I think Moses's and Luai's kicking game won the match in the end . DCE's kicking was terrible, getting no distance.

Deardan was very good for QLD, easily their best player. QLD needed Fafita and someone other than old man Gagai though...
I would say that was DCE's last series and Walker will take over next year, unless they move Deardan to 7.

Reactions: gUt

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I think Moses's and Luai's kicking game won the match in the end . DCE's kicking was terrible, getting no distance.

Deardan was very good for QLD, easily their best player. QLD needed Fafita and someone other than old man Gagai though...
I would say that was DCE's last series and Walker will take over next year, unless they move Deardan to 7.
Dearden was the worst defender on the park in game 2 but f**k me he turned that around last night

It was never a send off. Murray never went onto the field. Just another example of QLD being rattled since post game 1

DCE looked every inch his age last night.

He was carrying on like a cranky old man in the press conference. He was whingeing and moaning that Murray should have been sent off. This is why I consider him "smug", he thinks his team never does anything wrong and are like angels, but he grubs it up just like everyone else.

Also amazed at Slater whingeing about how Walsh was dealt with by NSW. Walsh injured himself in an accident, but the way Slater carried on post match you would think he was subjected to head high tackles on every run he made.

Qld - ungracious winners, sooky losers.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

Wednesday​

Origin III: NSW v QLD​

Kurt Capewell (QLD)
  • Grade 1 Dangerous Throw on Stephen Crichton (9 min)
  • Base penalty 10% of match fee
  • His options:
    Early plea - 7% of match fee
    Guilty at panel / no contest - 10% of match fee
  • PLEA: TBC
Kurt Capewell (QLD)
  • Grade 1 Dangerous Contract on Mitchell Moses (14 min)
  • His options:
Jeremiah Nanai (QLD)
Brian To'o (NSW)
Reuben Cotter (QLD)
Hamiso Tabuai Fidow (QLD)

• All charged with Grade 2 Contrary Conduct in melee (31 min)
  • Base penalty 20% of match fee
  • His options:
    Early plea - 13% of match fee
    Guilty at panel / no contest - 20% of match fee
Cameron Murray (NSW)
Haumole Olakau'atu (NSW)

• Both charged with Grade 3 Contrary Conduct in melee (31 min)
  • Base penalty 3 matches
  • His options:
    Early plea - 2 matches
    Guilty at panel / no contest - 3 matches
Matt Burton (NSW)
Felise Kaufusi (QLD)
Payne Haas (NSW)

• All charged with Grade 1 Contrary Conduct in melee (31 min)
  • His options:

Iamback

Coach
He was carrying on like a cranky old man in the press conference. He was whingeing and moaning that Murray should have been sent off. This is why I consider him "smug", he thinks his team never does anything wrong and are like angels, but he grubs it up just like everyone else.

Also amazed at Slater whingeing about how Walsh was dealt with by NSW. Walsh injured himself in an accident, but the way Slater carried on post match you would think he was subjected to head high tackles on every run he made.

Qld - ungracious winners, sooky losers.

Slater was shown to be the rookie coach he is, Gets some pressure and can't handle it.

As for the Walsh thing, If Walsh was the NSW fullback, Billy is telling his players to do the same or risk getting burnt like Penrith did in the GF

Reflector

Juniors
Can’t believe more people aren’t talking about this. For all the discussion re Moses and Luai, DCE was the worst half on the field by a country mile.

Both teams attack was terrible. Zero shape and too lateral. The difference was though at least the NSW halves offered a bit of a running game and were able to take advantage of QLD being exhausted from all the early defence in the final 25 and get some tries through missed tackles.
He at least has his post-NRL career to look forward to...
Harold.jpg

Latest posts