What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carney leaving, Henjak coming?

dolphinboy

Juniors
Bay56 said:
:lol: :lol:

those here in touch with the buttons would know better than that ... in fact I might apply for a button myself :lol:

Sheesh even George Dubya has a button (just doesn't know how to use it) :crazy:

Big Mick

Referee
Personally I'd see Carney's signing with Penrith as a slap in the face.

While I rate Carney as a player, there are talented halves coming through that I believe have the ability to steer a team with superstars around the park.

Our junior grades have enough talent to step up, if given the opportunity.

If after everything Canberra has done for Carney, he decides to up and leave, when things rae getting exciting for Canberra, it'd be pathetic on his part. I'd be upset as a Penrith supporter for Canberra fans.

Raider_69 said:
:lol: Williams is a nevelle, wont do f**k all, will lucky to be in FG
the mail around town is Sammut - McCrone looks like a decent chance of happening
your joking right.

he outplayed Johno Thurston twice in 2007, he also steered souths to their first final series in 18 years, he also played outstanding as an individual, he played out of his skin in the most important game of the regular season, against the tigers.

he needs consistency, that is what is stopping him from becoming into the top line of NRL halfbacks.

Penrith certainly dont have any better options. McCrone wont debut till 2009, Sammut will play five eighth, or start from the bench, Luke Lewis Centre of Five Eighth.

Make or break season for Williams.

dubby

Bench
Sorry bay, you spring to mind when I think of those who are doomsayers. ;-)

I will say this again: Todds going nowhere. Danny Weidler knows jack all. Its assumptive reporting based on circmstances.

Like I said, if Todd does stay a Raider, will some of you blokes be ready to acknowledge managment? Despite the fact Todd can earn more elsewhere in locations that gain more exposure than Canberra??

Or will you just sit back and say "so they should have".

I can understand why some have hit the panic buttons. Its all due to Weidler stirring up a hornets nest.

Mal's Milk

Juniors
I echo what Dubby says. The season hasn't started and the press are making mountains out of mole hills. The only time you read about Canberra in the press it's always negative, don't let them wind u up people...chilaxe!

Bay56

First Grade
dubby said:
Sorry bay, you spring to mind when I think of those who are doomsayers. ;-)

I will say this again: Todds going nowhere. Danny Weidler knows jack all. Its assumptive reporting based on circmstances.

Like I said, if Todd does stay a Raider, will some of you blokes be ready to acknowledge managment? Despite the fact Todd can earn more elsewhere in locations that gain more exposure than Canberra??

Or will you just sit back and say "so they should have".

I can understand why some have hit the panic buttons. Its all due to Weidler stirring up a hornets nest.

Dude read my posts

matt

Juniors
ill take credit for keeping the bastards honest dubs.....and also do whatever you like brother..;-) :oops: [-X
and yet my struggle may continue.

donkey|rope

Juniors
dubby said:
carney will jump ship the second he gets an offer thats better than what we can give him.

Bay56

First Grade
donkey|rope said:
carney will jump ship the second he gets an offer thats better than what we can give him.

And if management dont f**k things up that should never be the case ... whatever another club offers we should be in a position to offer him more.

At seasons end we have the best part of this group up for contract ... that is not such a bad thing as management can target a few strategic players ... you dont need a team of stars to be a successful football club ... the remainder can be given the scraps that are left on a take it or leave it basis.

If reports are correct that Raiders have placed an offer on the table (and possibly wont budge) it's about time these lunatics take a lesson or two from other more successful clubs and/or hand over the job to someone who will.

This club is on a see-saw with the Brumbies with regard to crowd support ... DONT f**k IT UP MANAGEMENT !! ... there is more to this contract than a figure in some acountants books.

dolphinboy

Juniors
Wiedler isn't the only source.

Penrith and Canterbury are allegedly offering way over the $300 k a season Canberra management are.

Todd stated "he would prefer to wait until he has played some games this season before deciding where he will play next year".

Unless Danny Wiedler had his fist up Todd's cakehole (there you go Matty :lol: ) I would not be left with too much hope of Todd wearing the lime green next year.

If he was fair dinkum about repaying the faith he would take less $$$ than he could command elsewhere (It was good enough for Meninga and Daley) and commit to Canberra long term before Round 1.

Elliott pleasds innocence re Carney going to Penrith, but what integrity does this guy have when he was signing Canberra players to join Penrith whilst still coaching Canberra ?

3/5 of sweet f a my friends.

Management need to look up pro-active in the dictionary and go from there.

mongoose

Coach
Why is there nothing in the Panthers forum about signing Carney? surely if it was a good rumor there would be a thread about it, i mean it's a pretty big deal.

Thats what I was thinking mongoose, a lot of people apparently in the know have said he's signed sealed and delivered for penrith, a lot of people apparently in the know have said that he's not going anywhere, me, Im not going to bother with this he said she said bullsh*t anymore, ill believe whatever happens, when it happens.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Bay56 said:
And if management dont f**k things up that should never be the case ... whatever another club offers we should be in a position to offer him more.

:lol: :lol:
thats you're responce to everything isnt it?
Offer more :lol:
Thats why you're bitching on a forum and not running an NRL club... no concept what so ever of the salary cap and value for money.

Im starting to think it was in fact you behind the bulldogs salary cap scandal
The club has to abid by the salary cap, they need to pay 25 blokes under 4mil... sure we could sign carney at ridiculous overs, and then we've got Todd Carney and 16 chumps playing for canberra.

Would that please you bay? Sign todd for 500k, and then next season lose several players like Zillman, Picker, TLL, Tilse, Herbert?

Sign todd at all costs and to hell with the future of this squad? Who gives a sh*t who else we've got playing along side him as long as todd's in green? Fat lot a f**king good Todd Carney will do us when we've got Mark O'Halleren, Nick Bradley-Quilliwa out side and Ben Czilozski and Kris Kahler laying a plat form

dolphinboy

Juniors
Gees Nick I wouldn't be citing our management as being any major mathematical geniuses or economic wunderkinds.

We make nuffies rich nuffies.

Raider_69

Post Whore
dolphinboy said:
Gees Nick I wouldn't be citing our management as being any major mathematical geniuses or economic wunderkinds.

We make nuffies rich nuffies.

You're right, i dont think they are mathematical geniuses, or economic wunderkinds as you put it, but id be willing to bet they are doing a far better job then you, i, matt, bay and everyone on this forum could do

look at it this way. Excluding Todd Carney's contract situation, can you name me one big thing HQ has done wrong since Henry's appointment?

I was critical of management before, they were making very poor choices, but since Elliott has left, imo they have turned the corner. And we're now moving forward as a whole. Our playing staff is on the improve, our coach is on the improve, our game style is on the improve, our crowds and sponsorship is on the improve, our membership numbers are on the improve.

The club is moving forward, we sat stagnet for too long, and now we're making some moves in the right direction. I made the important section big and bold so no one has the excuse of missing it... Anyone game enough to answer me? Im guessing not.

Bay56

First Grade
I think the salary cap is approx $3.9M (total)

Lets just say we target 6 "marquee" players at $400K, $300K and 4 x $250K ... use that on No. 1, 6, 7, 9, 13 and a classy outside back.

That leaves you with $2.2M on 19 players ... an average of $115K ... you'll have some on $150 and some on $80K.

Unrealistic ??? ... maybe too much on the marquees? ... maybe too little on others?

Bay56

First Grade
The next question is how in the f**k has our squad reached/exceeded the cap in the past.

I'd suggest we have 25 players each on $156K whatever abilities they might or might not pocess .. hence the reason we can not afford to offer TC $400K and probably outbid every other club in the NRL.

All this can ofcourse be rectified come end of season 2008 when a vast majority of the squad come up for contract negotiations.

matt

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
You're right, i dont think they are mathematical geniuses, or economic wunderkinds as you put it, but id be willing to bet they are doing a far better job then you, i, matt, bay and everyone on this forum could do

look at it this way. Excluding Todd Carney's contract situation, can you name me one big thing HQ has done wrong since Henry's appointment?

I was critical of management before, they were making very poor choices, but since Elliott has left, imo they have turned the corner. And we're now moving forward as a whole. Our playing staff is on the improve, our coach is on the improve, our game style is on the improve, our crowds and sponsorship is on the improve, our membership numbers are on the improve.

The club is moving forward, we sat stagnet for too long, and now we're making some moves in the right direction. I made the important section big and bold so no one has the excuse of missing it... Anyone game enough to answer me? Im guessing not.

bickerstaff..
dunnymann..
2nd last..
left a massive window open for todd to jump...
have massive anger management issues with supporters running into the start of the season.

just off the top of my head.

nick and stop banging on about f**king people knowing better than management its tiresome dude ...we just expect better dude.

oh and
best
withers
bulldogs game
and the ultimate disgrace feeding me full of sh*t about this f**king dobson joker.....

dolphinboy

Juniors
wrong since Henry's appointment?

So we just clear their slate of the past half decade ?

C'mon Nick even you know that is a cop out of great magnitude

If we didn't pay nuff nuffs like Chalk, Tilse, et al twice the money they are worth we could splash out and keep the wolves away Carney wise.

Oh yeah weren't Dunnemann and Bickerstaff top investments

My beef is we should not have to match outside bids given we resurrected the blokes career from the sh*tter.

No he hasn't stated he is leaving, he just baulks at definitively denying the "rumours" and committing to us long term like anyone honourable would.

Our playing staff is on the improve, our coach is on the improve, our game style is on the improve, our crowds and sponsorship is on the improve, our membership numbers are on the improve.

Yes we paid plenty more than we used to pay for Joel Monas, the only major improvement to our roster, other than the "potential" stocks.

We finished near last - the coach would want to f**king improve

Our game style whilst slightly more attractive, it was usually frustrating and obviously didn't reap rewards.

Our crowds were on the improve - the ground was only half empty instead of 2/3 empty

Our sponsorship is on the improve - Well we have one at least, we were looking like being cleanskins in Rd 1 last year

Membership is on the improve - Where are the numbers ?

Its good we are moving forward as we can hardly go much further backwards before we fall off the face of the league earth.

Latest posts