What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carney rejects Sharks offer

Feej

First Grade
Like I've said previously, I'll be pretty pissed off if he goes elsewhere. Especially since we were apparently the only club that didn't insist on draconian conditions in regards to him having a drink.

He owes us for the trust we gave him. But then again, the game is not what it used to be, so I doubt he's even thinking about that.

DJDL

Bench
It's all part of the negotiation process. No one agrees to the first offer tabled.
Nothing story IMHO

webShark

Sadly I can see Sticky throwing mega bucks at Carney to bring him the Eels. Short term gain, for long term pain. Thats the Sticky way.

He got Toops. What was that 5 years of wasting cap space for nothing made my previous villain ,the gnome look a bargain.

If TC thinks he doesnt owe us he can go to the highest bidder.

Danish

Referee
Someone should really point out to Carney that if he thought the Telegraph's scrutiny was bad when he was with us, it will be about a million times worth if he ever leaves Rothfield's beloved Sharks.

If Carney leaves Cronulla Rothfield will make it his mission to chase him out of the game. Photographers will camp out at his place 24/7 and any time he so much as can be in the same frame as a beer it will be back page news.

kal83

Juniors
Funny that this story was posted in the Australian and not the Tele or SMH. Sounds like trawling to me.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
May work in our favour....If he wants the big $$$ lets see him have a cracker of a year to earn the big contract. Need to tie up Chad for a couple more years in the meantime.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Complete nothing story. We'll find near all those players listed will stay at their current team on higher coin once the cap increase happens.

Sharks are in a lucky position, in that they can afford to lose Carney and still have a brilliant replacement ready to step in take over.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Complete nothing story. We'll find near all those players listed will stay at their current team on higher coin once the cap increase happens.

Sharks are in a lucky position, in that they can afford to lose Carney and still have a brilliant replacement ready to step in take over.

Benji?

Stalefish

Juniors
as if contracts forfull their term anyway .jst throw him a three year with option for four .evryone wins. He jst wants this contract to invest in the sharks development anyway, he aint going anywhere

Snoop Shark

First Grade
What ever happens happens.

Naturally I want Todd to stay, if he chases bigger coin or wants his 5 year deal over a 4 year deal well so be it. He may come back a better player after his op but I'd like to see him play a few games post op before we start throwing silly money at him.

Inferno

Coach
What ever happens happens.

Naturally I want Todd to stay, if he chases bigger coin or wants his 5 year deal over a 4 year deal well so be it. He may come back a better player after his op but I'd like to see him play a few games post op before we start throwing silly money at him.

Exactly Snoop. It's not really like he set the world on fire while he was with us. He's not worth Thurston money.