What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carney Signes with the raiders!!!!

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
f**k!!!!! f**k f**k!!!!! I'm really sorry i got excited i flicked to FOX SPORTs and they said "Carney will be boyed by his recent signing" to me that meant he signed with Can otherwise that would't really be a positive IMO"

TEN say decision made announcment tomoro so I AM A F*CK WIT
PLEASE delete this thread sorry again

Sports Tonight said he'd made a decision, and earlier raper had that little slip up on nrl teams....Coincidence? Time will tell

mongoose

Coach
VictorTheViking said:
Sports Tonight said he'd made a decision, and earlier raper had that little slip up on nrl teams....Coincidence? Time will tell

possibly but why would stuart raper know of all people?

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
yeah that’s what I heard too...see I don't think it was a slip up tho, I reckon he was also just aware that he signed and is in the dark as to who with, like us...but now u can see why I went off a little premature *that’s what she said*

Mal's Milk

Juniors
Carney delays decision to focus on Knights battle
Daniel MacDonald

Raiders star Todd Carney may delay a decision on his playing future until next week to focus on Saturday night's NRL clash with the Newcastle Knights at EnergyAustralia Stadium.
Carney met with his manager David Riolo and mother Leanne yesterday to discuss the lucrative offers made by Manly and Penrith or stay with the Raiders.
While the Raiders remain confident of re-signing the 21-year-old, Riolo said Carney would hold off on making a decision.
"Todd has not yet made his decision," Riolo told The Canberra Times last night.
"I met with Todd and Todd's mum today and we will take what we spoke about to the Raiders. We may not make a decision before the first game, but we are getting there."
Carney - who was named at halfback by coach Neil Henry for the season opener against the Knights - declined to comment when contacted by The Canberra Times last night.
Henry yesterday admitted he would be forced to keep an eye on the club's future if the 21-year-old decided to move.
"You have to start thinking about the future as well but you still need to win games of football and he's got a job to do," Henry said.
Carney's contract finishes this season and it has sparked a frenzy of interest to secure the talented playmaker beyond 2008.
"He's paid for another season here," Henry said. "We'll certainly use him in our squad but we're certainly mindful of life after Todd as well."
Terry Campese and William Zillman could slot into the Raiders' five-eighth role, while Marc Herbert and Michael Dobson are halfback replacements. The Raiders' under-20 playmaker Michael Picker is another option in the halves.
Henry said the media frenzy surrounding Carney was a distraction to the team's preparations ahead of Saturday's NRL opener in Newcastle.
"It's destructive in terms of the media, that's the only thing you'll talk about," he said yesterday.
"I think as soon as this is put to bed the better regardless of which way he goes so we can get on with playing some footy."
Campese will partner Carney in the halves against the Knights on Saturday in Newcastle.
Joel Monaghan returns for the Raiders alongside Phil Graham in the centres, while Henry opted for size on the wings selecting Adrian Purtell and Colin Best.
Second-rower Neville Costigan, recovering from a quad injury sustained in the final round last season, will be given every chance to prove his fitness. Joe Picker and Nigel Plum are on stand-by to replace Costigan if he fails to prove his fitness. "It's difficult," Henry said about deciding on his round one side. "Trevor Thurling, his form wasn't too bad there and Michael Dobson [will be disappointed]. Making a decision in the halves is difficult."
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs (knee), David Milne (abdominal), Brett Kelly (knee) and Ben Jones (ankle) were unavailable through injury.

From The Canberra Times today. Looks like we have even more time to wait...FFS!

dubby

Bench
Oh thats just great.

The club asked for a decision before ROund 1 and he cant even do that.

Come on man, just sign already!

parra pete

Referee
These footballers are such prima donnas.
If ya gonna sign, sign..if not, cut the theatrics and make an announcement....

dubby

Bench
The thing is, the longer he leaves it, the more confused he will get and will just stress himself out even more.

Talk about procrastinate....sheesh. I'd hate to go shopping with the guy.

Raider_69

Post Whore
parra pete said:
These footballers are such prima donnas.
If ya gonna sign, sign..if not, cut the theatrics and make an announcement....

well said.
Sign or dont sign, tbh im caring less and less by the hour
just make a call and let us get on with our season, and if needed, planning for life after todd.

nickraider

Juniors
I am over this big time. Someone ought to tell him that there's a big game to play against the Knights on Saturday and all this is doing, is disrupting not only his own preparation, but the whole teams as well.

ibleedgreen

Juniors
nickraider said:
I am over this big time. Someone ought to tell him that there's a big game to play against the Knights on Saturday and all this is doing, is disrupting not only his own preparation, but the whole teams as well.

Couldn't agree more since we spoke about this at work!!!!! Can you guess who this is?????:crazy:

Bay56

First Grade
settle down guys ... I'm willing to wait for his signature on Raiders letterhead.

yeah would be so dissapointed if he didnt re sign getting so frustrated like some of you guys out there but we will just have to wait and see.......

matt

Juniors
you...me..my office tonight..and heres the clincher todd. ..undisclosed.

now ffs DF..apply the knock out blow and end it.. the balls in your court champ this is a f**king farce...:lol:

Raider Azz

Bench
matt said:
you...me..my office tonight..and heres the clincher todd. ..undisclosed.

now ffs DF..apply the knock out blow and end it.. the balls in your court champ this is a f**king farce...:lol:
whats furner gonna do? hold a gun to his head? the ball is firmly in todd carney's court. the club has done everything they can to retain todd now it is all up to him to make a decision.

matt

Juniors
Raider Azz said:
whats furner gonna do? hold a gun to his head? the ball is firmly in todd carney's court. the club has done everything they can to retain todd now it is all up to him to make a decision.

***undisclosed*** ;-)