What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carney Signes with the raiders!!!!

matt

Juniors
ill take that mantle... and wear it with pride...you f**king dropkick:lol:

and ill call you best poster EVER.

Does that make ya happy pecker.

Raider Azz

Bench
not really, just reaffirms the fact that you're a douchebag with no clue on what it takes to run a football club.

it's so easy to critisise the club from behind a computer monitor, maybe if you actually knew the ins and outs of what it took every day you'd show a little more respect for what the club is trying to accomplish and how far they've taken us there over the last few seasons.

im 100% certain that if you rang the club and asked to speak to don furner to voice your opinions he'd be more than happy to sit down and listen to you. but im also 100% certain that you are way too gutless for that and instead would prefer to sit on your keyboard with the protection of your screen name like a big man and criticise something you have absolutely no clue about.

matt

Juniors
fmd how old are you kiddo..

big mans, guttless

your closer than me pal ..you ask??

my heart f**king bleeds for the poor widdle HQby..doing what they should be doing but not well enough ATM IMO.

and dude this big man is actually BIG. As i kiss my guns.:lol:

ps i have way to much fun providing random thoughts now

hows ya gangs myspacey bash on the player going kiddo.

matt

Juniors
Stelios Giannakopoulos said:
Yeah lets pay him money in a brown envelope.. Don't need to include it in the salary cap.

are you f**king that niave..cmon dude i thought i was talking to well rounded individuals.

ps , its brown paper bag,if thats what you mean't.

could be ..you guessed it ***undisclosed*** da DA

azza

Juniors
matt said:
fmd how old are you kiddo..

big mans, guttless

your closer than me pal ..you ask??

my heart f**king bleeds for the poor widdle HQby..doing what they should be doing but not well enough ATM IMO.

and dude this big man is actually BIG. As i kiss my guns.:lol:

ps i have way to much fun providing random thoughts now

hows ya gangs myspacey bash on the player going kiddo.

Honestly, whenever I read a post of yours, it's like I've just woken up after being in a coma for 300 years

matt

Juniors
i really dont know how to respond to that...

but ill have a crack ...if ever there was a man suffering the syndrome termed little mans
you should be listed as classic example A

and go on please with more of your examples they are quite amusing.

azza

Juniors
all i'm trying to say is... i can never understand what the f**k it is you are saying, so i just have trouble responding to either support or argue against your posts. Maybe my mastery of the English language wasn't quite as good as I thought. No need to start attacking me.

I guess you are just a modern day Shakespeare.

matt

Juniors
pauline hanson will do me fine AZZ :lol:

a modern day prophet you decide????:lol: :lol:

anyways thats enough chit chat about me...

back to brown paper bags and ...***undisclosed objects of desire***

TICK.TOCK.TICK.TOCK.

100%green

Juniors
matt said:
pauline hanson will do me fine AZZ :lol:

a modern day prophet you decide????:lol: :lol:

anyways thats enough chit chat about me...

back to brown paper bags and ...***undisclosed objects of desire***

TICK.TOCK.TICK.TOCK.

Mate please seek help.

I'm also one of many who have no f@#king clue what the hell it is your trying to say. It's all dribble!!!!:crazy:

Chachi

Bench
JT comeback rumour sparks plunge
Glenn Jackson and Greg Prichard | March 13, 2008

NORTH Queensland conceded that star halfback Johnathan Thurston might play against Gold Coast tomorrow night, following a betting plunge on the Cowboys yesterday.

More than $75,000 was placed on the Cowboys, sparking speculation that the Test and Origin star might play - more than a month ahead of schedule.

After having off-season reconstructions of both shoulders, the 24-year-old was not expected to return until at least round four. However, he began full contact training on Tuesday after being cleared by his surgeon, John Maguire, and is poised for a shock comeback in the round-one clash at the new Skilled Park.

Cowboys coach Graham Murray chose his words carefully. "He's done what we've asked him to do," he said. "We haven't made any decisions. He had Monday off and he did some pad work on Tuesday. He was back into full contact and he's done everything that's been asked of him."

Cowboys chief executive Peter Parr was even more cautious, saying: "It's news to me."

Titans coach John Cartwright was aware of the talk that Thurston might play but said the addition of arguably the game's best player to the opposition line-up would not alter his plans.

"I heard this morning he was a chance of playing," Cartwright said. "But we're not going to focus on it at all. It takes us away from what we're trying to do. There's nothing we can do."

Titans chief executive Michael Searle questioned whether the Cowboys would be doing the right thing allowing Thurston to play. "It's a big call to come back from a shoulder reconstruction only having one contact training run," he said. "It's fair to say that 'Carty' will be running more traffic through him than the Pacific Highway. It'll be interesting."

Betting plunges often mean something significant has occurred, and the addition of Thurston would be significant for the Cowboys. He is the team's captain and the Queensland and Australian halfback. His combination with Matt Bowen is the best in the game.

Even though he was hampered by the shoulder problems which led to his surgery, Thurston guided the Cowboys to within one game of the grand final last year. His return would be a boost for the Cowboys.

In recent seasons, similar plunges had sparked speculation about whether Andrew Johns was or was not going to play for the Knights. Most often the punters were correct.

The Cowboys' price was cut from $2.20 to $2.05 in a few hours yesterday, with TAB Sportsbet's Glenn Munsie saying $52,000 had been placed on them yesterday to beat the Titans despite little interest in them earlier.

"The market's been sitting there while everything's been written that Thurston's not going to be there," Munsie said. "Then, all of a sudden, everyone gets out of bed and says they want to back them. Something has made them want to be on them."

Centrebet also reported a $25,000 plunge on the Cowboys yesterday.

At Canberra, the biggest recruitment target in the game, halfback Todd Carney, said he hoped the Raiders and the two other clubs chasing him for next season - Penrith and Manly - would understand if he needed until next week to decide his future.

"If I needed to wait until next week I hope everyone would realise why," Carney said. "I think they would. It's a pretty big decision and I always wanted to give Canberra the chance to keep me. I've spoken to them again this week. I'm really not sure what I'm going to do and we've got our first game coming up on Saturday [against Newcastle at EnergyAustralia Stadium]. I've got to start concentrating on that."

Officials from the three clubs are unsure of how they will fare in the race for Carney's signature.

Penrith general manager Mick Leary said his experience was that the longer a player took to decide, the more likely he was to stay with his existing club, and that he was hoping to be wrong.

Manly chief executive Grant Mayer said he was confused by the delay but the Sea Eagles were prepared to wait.

Canberra chief executive Don Furner said he had a gut feeling Carney would make a decision before this weekend.

The Herald understands the chances of Canberra keeping Carney have improved significantly in recent days.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/new...1205126011766.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

C'mon Coby, you've had your fun. Somehow you've managed to do a Willie Mason and enhanced your reputation through bad behaviour. Now it's time to sign on the dotted line and get on with the season.

matt

Juniors
100%green said:
Mate please seek help.

I'm also one of many who have no f@#king clue what the hell it is your trying to say. It's all dribble!!!!:crazy:

fear not ..100%

i shall refine it for the simple minded..

seeing as you are interesred.:lol:

matt

Juniors
cant wait for the zillman chronicles ....it should be another comical state of affairs.

(KW)

Juniors
Cant wait to meet Matt at the Newy game (if your still coming). And yes, you can stand between me and Woodgers if you want.

KW

matt

Juniors
(KW) said:
Cant wait to meet Matt at the Newy game (if your still coming). And yes, you can stand between me and Woodgers if you want.

KW

:lol: im waiting on a big decision to be made...

Reports on ABC Radio this morning that Todd's manager has gone to the Raiders seeking assurances that Neil Henry will be the Raiders coach beyond 2009. Not too sure what to make of that...

matt

Juniors
mission accomplished.

the sound of people scratching their brain...;-)

ill leave you to stew in your own juices for a while.:lol:

skeepe

Immortal
Word is that Carney has signed with Manly for 4 years, expected to be officially announced Monday.

Mal's Milk

Juniors
Interisting that there is nothing about Carney on the Manly forum as far as I can see...

As for Perith, I heard Elliott interviewed last nite, and I'm no expert, but it didn't sound like TC will end up there the way he was talking...