What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carney

Fartowner

Juniors
The Giants fans are looking forward to the arrival of Carney, we,re not sure where he,ll play 6 or 7 whats your views,
and what do you think of Nathan Brown

reptar

Juniors
Nathan Brown, nothing to do with the Raiders.

Carney.... good luck. Will win you one game and go missing for 5. More promise than delivery.

Fartowner

Juniors
l know Brown,s not a Raider, l would like an independent view.
In the press Carney says he,s looking for a new beginning, The nightlife in Huddersfield is pritty wild, we hope he can stay focused

murraymob

Coach
Brown failed to deliver with a pretty talented squad at St George.As for carney he will go great over there .Carney has a lot to ffer he just needed to get away from Canberra and the enviroment he grew up in

I think Reptar's pretty right with Carney. Loads of potential but very rarely took a game by the throat and really dominated. Tends to go MIA during games.

Chachi

Bench
Is warm beer the premium unleaded of the alcohol world? If it is he should run nicely over there.

He'll go OK. If Dobbo can kill it with Wigan then Carney has the ability to dominate. Your biggest problem is getting him on the park each week with his head right.

My prediction is he'll start the season off on fire and then realise there's nobody around talking him up for Origin so he'll go limp by the end of the year. It will be fascinating to see how he and Tim Smith go together. Carney should play 6. God knows what they'll get up to off the park and I'm not sure Brownie is the bloke who can pull him into line.

Last edited:

reptar

Juniors
l know Brown,s not a Raider, l would like an independent view.
In the press Carney says he,s looking for a new beginning, The nightlife in Huddersfield is pritty wild, we hope he can stay focused
Fair call, my view of Brown is that I don't think you can judge his coaching ability on results at St. George. I think it was a mistake to appoint him when they did, as he was too close to the current players (having played with almost all of them) and I think it was hard for him to get the independence a coach needs. He seems to be a fairly astute tactician.

dubby

Bench
I dont rate Brown as a coach. Had a supremely strong team at the Dragons over the years and that should have won the comp.

Todd is a massively talented 5/8. An awesome ball running half that on his day is probably the best talent this club has seen since Laurie Daley. Sad thing is that Todd loves a drink and some other substances that cause him to go off tap.

If someone can get him to quit the dope and grog he will go close to being the best half in the world IMO.....but I am quick to admit he isnt very good in defence. He falls off tackles and often makes poor decisions marking up.

Wish he was with us under the best circumstances; sober and preferably a teetotally religious convert or something; like Inu or Folau!

nickraider

Juniors
Wonderfully talented footballer but unfortunately it appears that grog is more important to him even when he is a complete tosser when he is on the drink. I'm sure we'll see Todd Carney in the papers again, for all the WRONG reasons.

Cryptic

Juniors
I agree with most here, f**kwit on the piss, awesome player when he wants to be but VERY hot and cold... Was awesome the tail end of last season (after coming back from his previous f**kwitedness forced suspension) but then was completely on and off this year... I think he lets other things, like drinking and crying over himself, get in the way of concentrating on footy and he needs someone to knock him into line...

I don't think Brown is that person or the UK is the place for it to happen.

Chachi

Bench
I bet he thinks he'll be a million miles away from the prying eyes of the press, so there is absolutely no incentive for him to sort out his issues (which aren't just limited to drinking).

Pete Cash

Post Whore
The good things

Never injured, has a talent for creating something out of nothing, excellent long kicking game, really good passing game and a big strong lad who can break the line on occasion.

the bad things

The obvious off the field issues, can go missing, not exactly an on field genius with his decision making, poor short kicking game.

Hanscholo

Bench
Considering Carney has been sacked by his club and deregistered from the NRL, which is not something i have ever seen before. Good luck with that. If Canberra were willing sack their brightest prospect since Daley then it speaks volumes for the issues he has.

Brown, who knows, either a genius or an idiot. I dont think anyone actually knows.

Considering Carney has been sacked by his club and deregistered from the NRL, which is not something i have ever seen before. Good luck with that. If Canberra were willing sack their brightest prospect since Daley then it speaks volumes for the issues he has.

Brown, who knows, either a genius or an idiot. I dont think anyone actually knows.

from memory Dane Tilse was sacked fromt he Knights then deregistered for 12 months and this was only a few years ago now.
Now he is playing good footy with us, it just shows that people can turn things around. Can Toddy though?

canberraraida

Juniors
i think todd can turn his life again.
this maybe the wake up he call needed and i think he will come back to the nrl a much better player and person and clubs will be swarming for his signature when he come back.

There is already clubs swarming for him , that been Manly and Penrith. If he comes back and he has a get out clause for 2010 in his ESL contract.