What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carroll out replaced by.....

Scott

Bench
He is a very good player. I rate him highly. Good defender and hits holes well with the ball.

IMO a better selection than Stagg and Scott.

Mr Saab

Referee
I said before Origin 1 that if NSW were to win it would be one of their greatest wins.
Now if QLD win origin 2 it will be a miracle and will even surpass the 1995 3-0 result or even 2001 when they won the series after being embarrised in 2000.

Paullyboy

Coach
Wow. This is starting to get real strange.

And I like it! The fewer Broncos the better we look.

Simo

First Grade
There seems to be a new plan from the toads this year....looking at many new faces but I have to say this one has shocked me more than Mogg.....Ive never even heard of him.

Time to find out if QLD has that passion that they say they have but dont seem to produce on the field anymore........this could make for one of the greatest origins if they can pull it off or another story for the media to rant about leagues death if they get flogged!

p.s. Whats the news on Hodges? I heard he missed training and he has been by far the best centre in the comp, although from personal hamstring experience its not an injury you can really overcome quickly and especially if you are a sprinter out wide.

Noa

First Grade
WTF, stick a fork a fork in us, we're done. I know the Cowboys have had wraps on Lillyman for a couple of years but he cant even get a regular spot in there top 17.

If they had to pick a Cowboy would have preferred Gavin Cooper or how about Corey Parker, Brad Thorn, David Shillington or even Antonio Kaufusi.

Qld need to rule out Hodges too, get it over and done with and get in his replacement. That way they have a full week with the actual team that will play.

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
farcical..............that's all QLD need, another bench player. They should have unleashed Kaufusi if they were going for another rookie.

the kirwan kid

Juniors
I think the kid is alright although I am bemused by his selection. Now, I am NQ as they come - grew up in Townsville, went to Kirwan High and played my first senior football next door to the cowboys home gound (at the then brand new brothers ground) - but even I can't figure out his selction.

We were smashed by their forwards yet we haven't opted to bring any bigger players in the side. Now if they were going to go for another newie you'd think they would have gone back to Matthew Scott who would have been better for the hit out in game 1 (although he wasn't that great)

Personally I would have gone with Tronc or Parker ...

Now if Hodges is out I would slot Berrigan into the centres (in spite of his size) and wack one of these guys onto the bench. While I hate to not see Bowen in the side we need some size.

As for Mogg ... is he any good. I've hardly watched a Canberra game this year and the ones I have seen he hasn't stood out to me. On that note what does Schifcoske have to do to get a run? I know he'd be out of postion but he's safe as house and would love another crack at origin.

Paullyboy

Coach
To be honest, Im a huge Schif fan - but he has had a fairly quiet year and has done nothing to earn a spot this year. Other year's has been a completely different story.

Latest posts