What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carroll out replaced by.....

Sir Biffo

Bench
This is absolutely ridiculous. Surely QLD have just given up and are looking for the headlines in the Courier Mail to boost their ego's and build up the already massive chips on their shoulders about not having enough quality players and the Blues being the "latte sipping city slickers".

Lillyman is an average player at best. Mogg is a winger in the Anthony Quinn mould. Whats doing QLD!

Tigertread

Juniors
Noa Nandruku said:
I know the Cowboys have had wraps on Lillyman for a couple of years but he cant even get a regular spot in there top 17.
He has never been dropped from the Cowboys side this year. Played one game for the Young Guns when coming back from injury, he was always in the starting side until his injury.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
has parker done something to piss off the selectors?

I think qld's plan is to mimic nsw injury concerns in the leadup to game I in the hope that the players who come in as replacements step up with a shorter preparation and less time to be nervous.

Mr Saab

Referee
Pierced Soul said:
has parker done something to piss off the selectors?

The less broncos in origin the better it is for them. I feel for Parker, but happy he is playing on the weekend.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
The less broncos in origin the better it is for them. I feel for Parker, but happy he is playing on the weekend.

maybe so, but I think parker could do a lot of damage in origin, he's improved immensly and has got 2nd phase play which qld lack

Eddie.

Bench
Origin is reaching incredible lows this season.

Finch
Mogg
Stagg
Scott
Johnson
Lillyman

QLD are finished. They will get smashed.

bowen_1

Juniors
I dont think Lillyman will let anyone down, but in saying that i'm bemused by the non-selection of Corey Parker. He's been one of the broncos best this year, and can OFF-LOAD which is what qld needs

hineyrulz

Post Whore
once again carroll out injured big suprise good luck to lillyman and qld there gonna need it. i cant believe we have finch and anasta playing at suncorp and we'll be favourites

aussies1st

Staff member
Lol 2nd time Queensland have named a "who the heck is this player". I've heard his name floating around but not for Origin.

salivor

First Grade
I'd heard of Lillyman but can't recall seeing much of him so it's hard for me to comment but regardless of that it's a joke that he could be selected ahead of Corey Parker who is in career best form and has Origin experience. Give me a break, stick a fork in Qld, they're done.

cooba

Juniors
Don't worry banana -benders, Finchy will supply.When there's no pressure on him like game 1 he will deliver, but when the pressure's on as there will be in this game the little birds knees will shake and he will f---k it up like he always has-thoughts of the Crooky witch just won't get out of his head.

Jordan

Juniors
I'm happy he was selected. Should have been there from the start. He's a great player.. has the potential to be another O'Donnell.

Parker is average... I don't know why it's that much of a surprise he wasn't selected.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
As much as i have been impressed by Jacob Lillyman and Gavin Cooper, i am absolutely gutted as a queenslander that Tom Learoyd Lars hasnt been given a shot. His massive, and his quick. No point having these massive lumbering forwards in origin when there getting absolutely dominated, bring in a forward with size and speed.

If anyone saw the Canberra v Cowboys game you would have seen TLL at full steam. He could be a revelation, and if i was to bring someone in with no origin experience it would have been him.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
I thought he aligned himself with qld when at the broncos... have you got any links, wouldnt mind reading up about it.

Mr Saab

Referee
I dont have links (some mod will provide i am sure) but i have heard him interviewed twice on sydney radio and he said he is a NSW player.
Just because a player plays with an out of state team (qld) doesnt mean they are from there. Steve Southern is a classic example. People early on on here said QLD should pick him, but he is a Dapto boy.
I know Brett Webb went over to the NZ and alligned himself with the Kiwis, but thats just a rare case.

Latest posts