What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cartwright the wanker

gph

Juniors
making all these claim and being so passionate about it and you haven't even seen the tackle, lmao. Your only going on what someone else has told you or what you have heard. Do you actually have an opinion of your own? If the raiders came out and said david gallop is now the prime minister of australia you'd probably believe that too. there is only 1 wanker here and it is cartwright. yes i'm looking at you in case you're too slow to pick up on that.

qft

Joker's Wild

Coach
It was high but there was certainly no elbow in it. Nor was it late for that matter.

What footage are you watching skeepe?

Last edited:

hrundi99

First Grade
These hits need to be looked at based on where the contact is made, rather than whether or not it was made with a swinging arm or a headbutt etc.

A swinging arm to the chest is harmless in the same way that a shoulder charge to the head is harmful. A swinging arm or elbow to someones jaw can cause a serious injury and that's why they are treated so seriously...but clearly so can a shoulder charge.

Boofhead

Juniors
You should be thanking Bodene, Waddell is trash.

Once again, one eyed Canberra supporters turning their bitterness onto other teams.

gronkathon

First Grade
Was just thinking the same thing but more along the lines that didn't Hoppa get maximum time off for his hit and this one has been charged at the same grade?? If that is the case then it's a farce, sure it was a mistimed shoulder charge but it was no where near as malice as Hoppa's hit was. Hoppa only had one thing on hos mins, take out Big Keith!!

Thought Hoppa was off the ground to be able to make contact with the Ranga's head

Big Pete

Referee
Yes.

Imagine what it would be like if he didn't?

'What did you make of the Bodene Thompson tackle'

Disgraceful! They should throw the book at him, dead-set the worst incident I have seen on a Rugby League field and my heart goes out to Travis and any Raiders fans who had to sit through that.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Ignoring the fact you all like to give skeepe sh*t, you cant argue these were particularly wankerish comments from a huge wanker

Cartwright is twat, always has been, always will be

there is a 20 year old kid at home with his jaw wired shut from a very bad shot, accidental or not. You can back your player without trying to turn it into a defense for your player. Bo isnt the guy missing 12 weeks of footy thanks to a high shot and if he was i doubt Cartwright is in the media saying it was a nothing hit

If someone goes in with a shoulder and accident connects with his elbow, he gets charged for striking and probably gets 8+ weeks. Why is a shoulder any different? He miss timed it, he should have to deal with the consequences of that. 6 weeks bare minimum for that shot imo.

Big Pete

Referee
To be honest, I just think Cartwright is a simpleton who loves nothing more than to watch a game of footy preferably with a beer in one hand and a sausage sandwich on the other. He doesn't choose his words carefully, he just gives his honest opinion on the matter then and there.

The Titans fly under the radar as a club that does not get the bagging that they should...probably a victim of their lack of success.

Yep...waiting for the Storm and News Ltd response to be included...

Raider_69

Post Whore
To be honest, I just think Cartwright is a simpleton

No need to go any further
you are 100% right, the guys a simpleton. And a wanker, i think they are a bit classless those comments but i wouldnt expect anything less of him, and because of that i read those comments scoffed to myself and go on with things... not really a thread worthy event when a simpleton and wanker sprouts comments that portray him as a simpleton and wanker. Par for the course really

Jason Maher

Immortal
I think perhaps a pertinent point is that the Tits will win a premiership long before the green slime win another one. The opportunity to raid the Brisbane comp to turn a rubbish team into a good one no longer exists.

And to save slime fans the bother of replying, both the Tits and green slime will probably win premierships before the Dragons win another one.

I think perhaps a pertinent point is that the Tits will win a premiership long before the green slime win another one. The opportunity to raid the Brisbane comp to turn a rubbish team into a good one no longer exists.

And to save slime fans the bother of replying, both the Tits and green slime will probably win premierships before the Dragons win another one.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

drake

First Grade
It's strange, but Cartwright's comments make him sound like some kind of ex-footballer or football coach. I was expecting better from him, really.

I mean footballers are well known for their tenderness and eloquence.