What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cash stapped Cronulla Sharks seek club merger

I wonder what assets would belong to the football club, and what would belong to the Leagues club ?

And I think in the Leagues club charter is a commitment to support the football club, I wonder if that will stay in a merger.

I'm not against the idea, just keen for detail.

obviously this would be a #1 priority.

the footy club has to be the #1 priority.

Rexxy

Coach
The Tradies are ruthless bastards. That Tim guy in particular is a nasty piece of work.

here is his template...

They rip out the TAB, they sack long standing staff, they make everyone wear stoopid Hawaiian shirts and they downgrade the food offering. And cut off live entertainment by shutting down the auditorium.

They only rely on pokies and that's hardly a long term recipe for success.

SUS is far better club than the Kremlin, these days. Run by an old Saints man too..

jackb

Juniors
The Tradies are ruthless bastards. That Tim guy in particular is a nasty piece of work.

here is his template...

They rip out the TAB, they sack long standing staff, they make everyone wear stoopid Hawaiian shirts and they downgrade the food offering. And cut off live entertainment by shutting down the auditorium.

SUS is far better club than the Kremlin, these days. Run by an old Saints man too..

100% correct on this one rexxy. I am a member of tradies and their offering sux big time. I went up to have a couple of bets a while back and the tab was gone so I went to the gymea bay hotel. Went back to tradies with the family for dinner a few weeks back and the prices are as normal restaurant. Nothing there that appeals unless you play the pokies. I do not intend to return any time soon and hope the same does not happen to cronulla leagues with any possible merger!

ratsack2

Juniors
Just checked the Tradies website, Tim Macaleer was our old history teacher in year 8 at Endeavour high back in 1980

small world hey, he was the coolest teacher we ever had dont know much about him now but in 1980 he was cool

Last edited:

Deacon

First Grade
McAleer is bit of a tyrant but tradies runs like a well oiled machine. If this goes ahead it will be a takeover more than a merge. I'm not saying that is necessarily a bad thing btw.

Correct runs really nicely based solely on pokie machines, Gymea has over 200 of the one armed bastards.

here is his template...

This is very true and will happen unfortunately, not too sure about the statement regarding the SUS though

Only paper talk atm and wouldnt be surprised if they wanted ONLY the clubs property and pokie licences and nothing to do with the Football Club

Just checked the Tradies website, Tim Macaleer was our old history teacher in year 8 at Endeavour high back in 1980

small world hey, he was the coolest teacher we ever had dont know much about him now but in 1980 he was cool

He's a different man, strong religious beliefs aswell. Never understood why he was so money driven person based on that

ratsack2

Juniors
funny as he always walked to class with a coffee in one hand and a ciggy in the other. he talked about India a bit as well, but maybe that was just my interest in the country.
maybe I better give him a call

Quigs

Immortal
Correct runs really nicely based solely on pokie machines, Gymea has over 200 of the one armed bastards.

Bloody Tradies poker machines.

Many, many decades ago I had a big win on a five cent bandit at the Kremlin. Won over $200 at the time.

Invested it wisely didn't I. I purchased an engagement ring with it. Three and a half plus decades later I am still suffering.

I should sue that mongrel club for pain and suffering and mental torture.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Bloody Tradies poker machines.

Many, many decades ago I had a big win on a five cent bandit at the Kremlin. Won over $200 at the time.

Invested it wisely didn't I. I purchased an engagement ring with it. Three and a half plus decades later I am still suffering.

I should sue that mongrel club for pain and suffering and mental torture.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

I hear you Brother Quigs. Two and 1/2 decades (18/10) and I am still suffering. Seems to be my lot in life - married and a Sharks supporter. I wonder where I'll kick a goal first?

drago brelli

Bench
Crongratulations to all Cronulla fans on the merger. Will you now be called Cronmerge? Will half the home games be split between Gymea and Toyota? A merge, is this the future for Cronulla. If the Central Coast get into the comp in 2013 Manly will be in serious trouble. Peter Peters won't say it directly but he is seriously concerned about this happening. Ha, what a shame!

Latest posts