What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Castleford-Huddersfield Match Summary

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
Castleford 24 Huddersfield 20

Attendance: 5,321

Highlights:
-The first home league win I have seen since we beat Leeds last August (or was it September). I think it was thoroughly deserved as well.
-Players who I have criticised in the past had good games. Michael Smith, Craig Greenhill, Darren Rogers and Damien Gibson all did very well. The likes of Luke Robinson and Wayne Godwin also had strong games. However, my vote for MOTM goes to Tookey-See below.
-Mark Tookey-Ok, he didn't bust any tackles (99% sure about that)or score tries, but when he came on in the 20th minute you could see the determination. None of this 3 steps to the right, one to the left and fall. He ran straight and hard at the defence, and his defence was excellent as well. In the past, players like Sean Rudder and, to a lesser extent, Paul Mellor have failed to settle. 'Tookes' look's like he's settled already. However, he was playing an off-form (but still good) Huddersfield side, and hopefully he will be able to do more of the same against Wigan this Friday.

Lowlights:
-The last 3 minutes, after we'd knocked on from the scrum.
-Some players still aren't giving 100%. I don't like criticising players, but Waine Pryce can do much better. His defence was very dodgy yesterday, but full credit to him he came back and intercepted.

Estimated Cas Fans 4500-4600

Comedy Moment: The Princess Street Bar running out of Beer. Tim/Casman2/Bananaman, I told you not to drink so much. :D

In a nutshell: I thought we did well to control our aggression. Key players stood up and esnured we won. I thought with a bit more composure we could have scored even more tries.
However, as mentioned earlier, we were played an out of form Huddersfield team. We need to kick on from here, the confidence and belief is returning, and if everyone is playing at 100% we can notch up a few more wins, and ultimately escape relegation this season.

Also, full credit to the Huddersfield fans. Many of them shook our hands, and wished us well. They have top 6 aspirations, and to lose must have been disappointing, but the majority of them weren't sore losers :thumb:

One interesting point-I have just read the League Express predictions for this Weekend's games, and they have tipped Wigan to beat us by 20 points. Ok, no expects us to win, but if I were Gary Mercer I would post this prediction in the gym, in the changing rooms, around the ground etc to fire the team up. Then again, League Express tipped Huddersfield to beat us by 14 :roll:

Please note these are my views and not those of the supporters club

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
Why not?
I keep the title consistent, so if you've read it you don't need to read it again.
P.S. Not still bitter about yesterdays ref are you? ;-)

Evil Homer

Staff member
Hightown Tiger said:
Why not?
I keep the title consistent, so if you've read it you don't need to read it again.
P.S. Not still bitter about yesterdays ref are you? ;-)

Umm...no :^o

MrCharisma

Bench
top work H.T.... makes you feel like you went to the game. Glad to see Tookey having an impact game finally.... geez he's really been out of it for a while