What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Castleford ???

bartman

Immortal
Final score Whitehaven 19 Cas 18.

Sounded like a game of two halves. Was 19-12 until Waine Pryce scored on the bell.

Maybe Hightown Tiger can give us an update on what's been going on? Cas have dropped games to their two biggest competitors in the last month. They'll need to reverse those results in the finals.

bartman

Immortal
Or Whitehaven 19 Cas 16?

I thought radio said they got the conversion, but some sites are reporting a 19-16 scoreline...

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
Sunday 2nd half was a big improvement. I'm hoping that's a turning point in our season. I think Hull KR, having beaten us in a final and thrashing us at Craven Park now have a mental advantage over us.

There are rumours of unrest between players and coach, coach and directors and right now it's not what we need. If Haven lose this Sunday at Hull KR, and I really think they will, things are in Castleford's hands. Our remaining games are against Halifax, Batley and Featherstone, and I'm confident we can win all 3.

I just hope we don't face Hull KR in a grand final!

MrCharisma

Bench
We all know the man to lead Castleford back into the Super League is none other then wonderboy Michael Shenton!

*whistles*

JasonE

Bench
If Cas come back up to SL I hope they keep the youngsters like Shenton, Mike Platt and Andy Kain.
Craig Huby is another who they can build their future around.

Hightown, what is your opinion of how Rich Fletcher has played this year ?

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
Jason, his first few games he was really strong, gave us great go forward. He's chipped in with a few goals (mainly from the sidelines) but unfortunately he's too injury prone for my liking. Constantly seems to be picking up little knocks here and there. Since he's joined us he's made just 2 starts, with 3 appearances from the bench. He's scored 1 try and 7 goals.

I heard Wigan were looking at Platt, after a slow start he's really come good. Maybe lacks confidence when taking the ball first time but overall he's had a great season and has been one of our most consistent performers. I'd love to see some stats on how many times he takes drives up the field, it seems like he's always filling in for a forward.

SFW

Juniors
Adrian Vowles has just returned to Castleford for the rest of the season, and it is rumoured that Craig Huby will join Leeds if Cas aren't promoted this year.