What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Catalans v Wigan confirmed at Nou Camp, Barcelona

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well done Dragons on having the vision and gumption to do this, a great success. Magic weekend would be awesome in Barcelona, needs a 50k stadium though.

TDD91

Juniors
The wigan twitter account says 4000

I'd say it was 4k in the Wigan end bought from the club, but there were plenty of us scattered around the general admission seats in the main stand.

We had no idea what was going on a lot of the time because the PA was only in French/Catalonian other than the spectacular attempts at doing the Wigan team (Shin Olloffleeeeeen) but the atmosphere was brilliant, it felt like a cup final with everyone just milling around together.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Replace magic weekend with big city double headers in cities like London, Barcelona, Paris, Dublin and Edinburgh etc.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Great idea and great crowd - well done to all involved. I can't believe the amount of negativity on social media about this though, it is mind boggling how much this was criticised!

taste2taste

Juniors
Great idea and great crowd - well done to all involved. I can't believe the amount of negativity on social media about this though, it is mind boggling how much this was criticised!

What was the gist of what the haters were saying ? No doubt they were rugby fans, they seem to be the only ones with nothing better to do than write negative posts on league.

It got a good write up in the Sydney telegraph. I must admit I didn't even realise it was on until I read it :D

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
What was the gist of what the haters were saying ? No doubt they were rugby fans, they seem to be the only ones with nothing better to do than write negative posts on league.

It got a good write up in the Sydney telegraph. I must admit I didn't even realise it was on until I read it :D

Sadly, it seemed to be RL fans writing the negative posts. Things like; 60,000 empty seats - what's the point?, help teams in the North of England instead of every other country etc. etc.

Latest posts