What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Catalogo 7 weeks???

ThatsNikkisTeam

Juniors
lol @ the Doctor... Happened to be in the crowd (Souffs fan).

Faalogo already said sorry then claimed at the judicary he never said it even though it was released by the club on a offical letter head....

LOL @ grapple tackle can kill people

Didn't realise punching people in the head was all that safe either.... what if he did connect with Anasta's temple?

Im sure more people die getting punched in the head then a grapple tackles

Also at least 20 players im sure have suffered worse grapples and i didnt see them punch anyone in the head.

melon....

Coach
guttermouth said:
hey melon you dipsh*t were are all your juniors playing in the souths comp i here:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: lock this one ozzie you f**ken moron :D
LOl@SOUFFS..

Moron.

_STING_ said:
I found it amusing when Richo said that there was no such word as GRAPPLE and it was a word made up by the media.

The bloke tries so hard to look like a CEO.

If anyone knows his email address, can you forward him this link:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/grapple

LOL@SouffsNoBrainers

Sting,I think you have suffered from too many chair shots from Jeff Jarrett. :lol: Now you are going to tell everyone Brian Canavan is a better CEO than Richo? Lol

andrew057

First Grade
ThatsNikkisTeam said:
lol @ the Doctor... Happened to be in the crowd (Souffs fan).

Faalogo already said sorry then claimed at the judicary he never said it even though it was released by the club on a offical letter head....

LOL @ grapple tackle can kill people

Didn't realise punching people in the head was all that safe either.... what if he did connect with Anasta's temple?

Im sure more people die getting punched in the head then a grapple tackles

Also at least 20 players im sure have suffered worse grapples and i didnt see them punch anyone in the head.

Dont talk sense here, people wont understand you.

_STING_

Juniors
Newcastlerabbit said:
Sting,I think you have suffered from too many chair shots from Jeff Jarrett. :lol: Now you are going to tell everyone Brian Canavan is a better CEO than Richo? Lol

Not for long ;-)

I said I found it amusing. They were clutching at anything they could after the hearing.
The doc and Richo did make fools of themselves with what they were sh*tting out of their mouths. Come on. You have to agree with that.

BTW Jeff Jarrett? Atleast you could have said Goldberg or Brett Hart. Sting was better than Jarrett.

MattJ

Juniors
plus jeff jarrett used guitars more than chairs didnt he?

I remember a worse defense a few years back, after "roosters legend" Puke Pricketson gave a mother of a cheap shot to a cowboys player half his size in prelim final i think it was.
Didnt he try to convince the judiciary that he shouldnt be suspended because the team promised not to be intimidated and he should be allowed to play with his best friend freddy in his last game or something along those lines?

_STING_

Juniors
MattJ said:
plus jeff jarrett used guitars more than chairs didnt he?

I remember a worse defense a few years back, after "roosters legend" Puke Pricketson gave a mother of a cheap shot to a cowboys player half his size in prelim final i think it was.
Didnt he try to convince the judiciary that he shouldnt be suspended because the team promised not to be intimidated and he should be allowed to play with his best friend freddy in his last game or something along those lines?

I thought he just had a hammy.

BTW you are right about the guitars. Good memory. :clap:
They were much better wrestling days than today's BS IMO.

Sting did indeed suffer numerous guitar shots to the head from old slapnuts.I lost count how many time Jarrett defeated Sting. Showwwwwwwwwwwwtime.

ThatsNikkisTeam

Juniors
_STING_ said:
Not for long ;-)

I said I found it amusing. They were clutching at anything they could after the hearing.
The doc and Richo did make fools of themselves with what they were sh*tting out of their mouths. Come on. You have to agree with that.

BTW Jeff Jarrett? Atleast you could have said Goldberg or Brett Hart. Sting was better than Jarrett.

The Doc is gonig to continue sh*tting out his mouth on hte footy show tonight *rolls eyes*

Give up we got the point

_STING_

Juniors
ThatsNikkisTeam said:
The Doc is gonig to continue sh*tting out his mouth on hte footy show tonight *rolls eyes*

Give up we got the point

I heard he was a cardiologist.
I better jot down his name in case I need to see one in future and he gives me a triple bi-pass and I then find out all I needed was a panadol.
Some bloody doctors will tell you anything for an extra quid.

fatshark

Bench
Cant believe Souths can go so low as to employing a Souths supporter to give bs evidence.
My main concern is that this is going to end up with somebody dying before something is done about it, that was the motivation for me," said Semsarin, a leading cardiologist at Sydney's Royal Prince Alfred Hospital.

Doesnt he realise that the NRL players are athletes with extemely strong necks?
a 5 second tackle will kill someone??
FFS its been going on ever since the game began.
And to say that Faalogo was disorientated is laughable. He could still put a punch on a players chin.
What about Souths players, never done a grapple?.Pleeease.
full bs story
http://www.nrl.com.au/News/Latest/NewsArticle/tabid/76/NewsId/6942/Default.aspx

Junior Bunny

Juniors
What are you talking about? When Souths players use the grapple it is completey fine and the offending player must have deserved it.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
fatshark said:
Cant believe Souths can go so low as to employing a Souths supporter to give bs evidence.

Doesnt he realise that the NRL players are athletes with extemely strong necks?
a 5 second tackle will kill someone??
FFS its been going on ever since the game began.
And to say that Faalogo was disorientated is laughable. He could still put a punch on a players chin.
What about Souths players, never done a grapple?.Pleeease.
full bs story
http://www.nrl.com.au/News/Latest/NewsArticle/tabid/76/NewsId/6942/Default.aspx

interesting.......:-k

when did you get your medical degree ?

Pika

Bench
Ridiculous statement.

It takes 4-5 seconds to loose consciousness, and a lot longer after that to actually kill someone.

Given the speed of the ruck, there is hardly a chance of someone passing out, let alone passing away.

LRC

He did get up and play the ball first also.. probably beter than most play the balls.
I didnt and havent seen Braiths forearm go past 90 degress to actually compress the kneck area whcih would have been a grapple type situation.
His forearm was against his neck but his hand was facing downwards onto the ball which would work against any hard force to compress his neck.
I dont see how any circulation would have been cut off with the bio mechanics of Anstas arm.

Tom Shines

First Grade
Pika said:
Ridiculous statement.

It takes 4-5 seconds to loose consciousness, and a lot longer after that to actually kill someone.

Given the speed of the ruck, there is hardly a chance of someone passing out, let alone passing away.
Mate you can snap someones neck in a fraction of a second.

It's like saying punching someone in the head could kill. It can. What the doctor said is completely true. If the circumstances are right, you could kill someone with a choking tackle. However, the possiblilty of it is fairly low.

Pika

Bench
Wheelsy said:
Mate you can snap someones neck in a fraction of a second.

It's like saying punching someone in the head could kill. It can. What the doctor said is completely true. If the circumstances are right, you could kill someone with a choking tackle. However, the possiblilty of it is fairly low.

Snapping the neck and applying a choke are completely different.

You can certainly kill someone with a choke.

The quickest way is cutting blood circulation to the brain, and as I said, when applied correctly, takes 4-5 seconds to simply lose consciousness, far longer to kill.

Forearm pressure across the wind pipe, while painful, takes even longer.

Latest posts