What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Celtic Crusaders are gone!

SteveM

Juniors
The taxman has been pretty ruthless in this financial climate. CC won't get any favours.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
They certainly aren't gone yet, not by a long shot. That is not to say that they are in a great position, obviously.

nadera78

Juniors
This is largely to do with the debts inherited when Wrexham FC took over from Leighton Samuels. It will all be sorted and SteveM can disappear for another six months.

BDGS

Bench
Lol. This is spam.

No link to a respectable source (i.e. Newspapers, news and sport sites). They might not be in a great position but after the success of the national side, the welsh rugby league and the super league won't let this side fold.

SteveM

Juniors
You have not even read the link to totalrl.com - it contains a link to the Guardian News Paper (a well respected broadsheet in the UK) you muppet.

Evil Homer

Staff member
I'm bored of your trolling threads SteveM, from now on they will be deleted without warning.

Evil Homer

Staff member
FWIW, taken from RLFANS:

Careful here guys!

This looks like it is a tax demand from HMRC, exactly like Wakefield's, for image rights and off-shore payments to players and overseas players respectively. This might not be about financial mismanagement... and it looks like every single Super League club is going to get one!

http://www.harbottle.com/hnl/pages/article_view_hnl/6259.php

Rumour has it that Leeds Rhinos are leading the legal fight for the whole of SL on this one, probably because we will have one of the bigger bills to pay, but they are trying to broker a game wide deal, the same as the Football League and RFU have already apparently done.

I also understand that this will end up in another legal challenge, probably from a Premier League football club and of course if HMRC lose then they might be the ones paying back the money in the longer term.

Wilson1

Juniors
That title is incredibly misleading. I think they will survive, things do not look that good long term for them, however.

deal.with.it

Juniors
Latest news is that they have gone into administration and will be docked 9 comp points for next year.
Makes it incredibly tough to make the play offs. Near impossible.
Does not mean they cannot continue their success though i.e. increase crowds, promotion, win more games, their juniors can be successful, even debut some youngsters.
The NZ Warriors came within a whisker of making the play offs when they were deducted 4 points. With the Super League season going for about 10 rounds longer, they still have a shot a going close.
Looking back, the crusaders did beat a few of the top 8 teams, but failed to beat the bottom teams on several occasions. If they can do that, they could still give it a shot at making the play offs.

The Sun states that the previous owner had served a 360k writ on them. Not sure what this would be for but according to the article they are now in adminstration. Real shame as they seemed to be doing so well in the community.

I am sure the knockers will be out but we need to have faith and more importantly keep clubs going that can expand the game.

Time will tell what happens but history tells you that once this happens the rest of the wheels fall off with players, coaches and staff leaving. :(

deal.with.it

Juniors
Crusaders have stated on their website that despite media reports, they have NOT gone into administration.
They will say more soon.

deluded pom?

Coach
Every supporter of a SLE team should try and make the effort to go to Wrexham when their team is in town. Oh, and boycott the Stobart lorry park when Widnes are granted a franchise in 2012.

bowes

Juniors
If they are in administration it will count heavily against them at franchise renewal time (though not completely rule it out if say Wakefield were to go into administration).

I've heard they're also getting done for making pension deductions from players' wages but keeping them rather than putting them into a pension fund. This is actually a serious crime under UK law.

I'm hoping the problem is just from the old club and not since the move to Wrexham as while the old club were a complete joke the new setup has been alright

Latest posts