What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Centenary Test - Sydneysiders come hither!

Paullyboy

Coach
OK That's where it gives me the sh*ts. We have an 80,000 seat stadium to fill, with people who are saturated with league coverage in the media and get 4-5 games of club RL a week. Queensland have a 52,000 seat stadium, get 1-2 NRL matches a week and in effect are a little more starved of footy. To suggest NSW should concede their home advantage in Origin every second year is a f*cking dumb idea, and to rob Sydney of ALL tests is just pure stupidity. Suncorp should be and is getting more but there is no way they should all be pulled.

To be perfectly honest, this is all very early horn-tooting about Queensland - how about we wait until 9:30pm next Friday before casting stones eh?

You guys wont even fill a 35k stadium for a one-off test match!

Don't get me started on the massive population you've got to work with as well, yet it still clearly shows the general public of Sydney would rather watch on TV, well they wont mind if it's on TV if we are playing it in Brisbane as they wont need to worry about their "oh it costs too much and it's too hard to get there" excuses anymore.

And please dont use the club game excuse, it's the one game where all supporters of all clubs should be in attendance - thats why big games are so popular in Brisbane, so many Brisbanites HATE the Broncos but we all come together when we get the chance to support either the Kangaroos or the Maroons - unfortunately Sydneysiders dont seem to understand this concept.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Why am I "you guys"? I go to the fugging games! :fist:

Timmah

Staff member
You guys wont even fill a 35k stadium for a one-off test match!

Don't get me started on the massive population you've got to work with as well, yet it still clearly shows the general public of Sydney would rather watch on TV, well they wont mind if it's on TV if we are playing it in Brisbane as they wont need to worry about their "oh it costs too much and it's too hard to get there" excuses anymore.

And please dont use the club game excuse, it's the one game where all supporters of all clubs should be in attendance - thats why big games are so popular in Brisbane, so many Brisbanites HATE the Broncos but we all come together when we get the chance to support either the Kangaroos or the Maroons - unfortunately Sydneysiders dont seem to understand this concept.

:?

We haven't had an Origin crowd in NSW below 70,000 since 2004, and even then it was only 68k. We haven't had an Origin crowd below 52k since it moved from the SFS...

I agree internationals haven't drawn as well, and they should have. Having said that, SOO has a higher profile in RL, which sucks. The test should be AFTER SOO imo.

whippy

Juniors
i will be going, even if the tickets are over priced, and the seats are crap :(

but the only reason i am going is cause the gf is kiwi. and hasnt been to a test.

RL1908

Bench
I agree with the observations people are making re Sydney being a pain in the neck to get around, and that fuel, tolls, carpark, food, all add up to a very expensive night.

However, the sporting fans of this same city flock to games that aren't contests for the Wallabies, Socceroos & the Australian cricket team.

The only thing I can

lockyno1

Post Whore
I was always leaning towards not going unless Benji played. So I'll be having a quiet beer at home flicking between Fox 8 and the game

Timmah

Staff member
Snubbing? F*ck off he has not earnt his spot over other players. Parra are down the bottom of the ladder if you hadn't noticed ;-)

lockyno1

Post Whore
Well the excuse that it probably will be a thrashing may be valid then Timmah. Don't get on your high horse just becuase people refuse to watch this game. I care more about the Broncos match that round compared to the test match, as long as we don't get injuries in the test I'll be happy

t-ba

Post Whore
LoL @ Hindmarsh. There should be 10 guys at least ahead of him for a NSW jersey let alone a Kangaroos one on current form.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
LoL @ Hindmarsh. There should be 10 guys at least ahead of him for a NSW jersey let alone a Kangaroos one on current form.
Not so much him getting snubbed, but seeing there are no parra players in the Australian squad and there is one playing for the kiwis, il be going for the kiwis.

Australia will smash them, but i am sick of seeing Australia win, they talk it up like its going to be one of the greatest tests because of the 100 year anniversary, will be the same old story a 58-16 smashing or some crap like that.

Centenary jerseys, same result.

t-ba

Post Whore
Are any Parra players playing well enough to warrant selection? Honestly now, they're not exactly setting the world alight atm.

Frankly, I'm amazed Brent Kite got a run and Manly's running fourth at the moment!

The Centenary Jersey is ten shades of awesome however.

lockyno1

Post Whore
It is also $150 a pop, which means I'd rather not buy it. I can buy 3 cases of Crown Lager for that price

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
Are any Parra players playing well enough to warrant selection? Honestly now, they're not exactly setting the world alight atm.

Frankly, I'm amazed Brent Kite got a run and Manly's running fourth at the moment!

The Centenary Jersey is ten shades of awesome however.
No parra players deserve to make it, half of them dont even deserve to be playing for parra as well to be honest lol

Hindmarsh and hayne don't deserve to make it.

Im just over boring test matches all the time lol, it's like watching cricket these days, you know Australia is going to win.

Timmah

Staff member
Well the excuse that it probably will be a thrashing may be valid then Timmah. Don't get on your high horse just becuase people refuse to watch this game. I care more about the Broncos match that round compared to the test match, as long as we don't get injuries in the test I'll be happy

Um, I was talking to the Hindmarsh dribbler.

t-ba

Post Whore
Im just over boring test matches all the time lol, it's like watching cricket these days, you know Australia is going to win.

The Kiwi's did win in 2005. I think it's just a matter of them getting their healthiest side on the park.

Englishmen are genetically engineered to lose, so I'm not holding out there.

Timmah

Staff member
Not so much him getting snubbed, but seeing there are no parra players in the Australian squad and there is one playing for the kiwis, il be going for the kiwis.

Australia will smash them, but i am sick of seeing Australia win, they talk it up like its going to be one of the greatest tests because of the 100 year anniversary, will be the same old story a 58-16 smashing or some crap like that.

Centenary jerseys, same result.

Turncoat.

Latest posts