What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast and the Bears - Important Fact

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Everyone is bleating about how a relocation must be genbuine - a local team, based in gosford.

Well, here's some facts you may not be aware of.

The intention of the CC Bears was and still is to do exactly this. In fact, North Sydney relocated wholly to Gosford and set up offices, operations etc when they orginally relocated - before the CRL decided to kick them out.

There is only club who has always dedicated itself to the Central Coast area as a full relocation - it is the Bears.

The question still remains: why won't Gallop and the NRL give the CC Bears the OK now?

You know something that hurts the Bears?

It's the talk of taking one or two games per year back to NSO.

That talk tells people it's not a 100% commitment to the CC.

I reckon the Sharks will go there.....

meltiger

First Grade
You know something that hurts the Bears?

It's the talk of taking one or two games per year back to NSO.

That talk tells people it's not a 100% commitment to the CC.

I reckon the Sharks will go there.....

I'm agreeing with your posts far too much lately lol

100% right EA, if the Bears want to be re-birthed as the CC Bears, then they can't be taking games back to NSO. 12 games in Gosford.

Why should Gosford if they get their side have to share their home games with Sydney?

dimitri

First Grade
i dont see anything wrong with the bears playing trial matches at NSO

A great opportunity for fans to get involved and sign up as members etc!

But yeah I agree for competition matches they should all be at gosford

i dont see anything wrong with the bears playing trial matches at NSO

A great opportunity for fans to get involved and sign up as members etc!

But yeah I agree for competition matches they should all be at gosford

I see plenty wrong with it.

If the Bears, or Cronulla for that matter, move to the CC, it must be a complete move. All ties with their old selves must be cut. The people of the CC aren't going to wear a partial team again. Playing any matches back at their "spiritual home" will do plenty of damage. All their home games, trials or otherwise, must be at Bluetongue.

NSO should be consigned to the history books as far as Rugby League goes.

I think the Central Coast Bears could play a trial and the Heritage round at NSO and still have the support of the people on the Central Coast. It is clear that the Central Coast fans want their own team and could still feel that was the case with the Bears. I think the mess that took place with the Northern Eagles has hurt the fans up there, but if the Bears show commitment to the area and don't treat it like a joke (northern Eagles)or just a money grabbing venture (Sharks), I can see the fans also understanding that the "heritage" of North Sydney Bears exists.

*Sandy*

First Grade
As somebody who lives on the Central Coast - for the CC Bears to make any ground here they will definately need to cut all ties with North Sydney to make it work.

Dropping the Bears would be a good start. New colours. No red and black. No association to North Sydney all.

As somebody who lives on the Central Coast - for the CC Bears to make any ground here they will definately need to cut all ties with North Sydney to make it work.

Dropping the Bears would be a good start. New colours. No red and black. No association to North Sydney all.

So why should the bears bring the cash?

Jason Maher

Immortal

Enjoy the Central Coast Sharks then.

Parra

Referee
Half the other teams in the comp play games wherever they want to.

Why should the bears be any different?

eaglefan64

Juniors
Everyone is bleating about how a relocation must be genbuine - a local team, based in gosford.

Well, here's some facts you may not be aware of.

The intention of the CC Bears was and still is to do exactly this. In fact, North Sydney relocated wholly to Gosford and set up offices, operations etc when they orginally relocated - before the CRL decided to kick them out.

There is only club who has always dedicated itself to the Central Coast area as a full relocation - it is the Bears.

The question still remains: why won't Gallop and the NRL give the CC Bears the OK now?

What a joke……………if the people on the Central Coast are that stupid that they want to be associated with the ‘dead bears’, a side that has been a waste of space for 100 years, well let them have them. But I can just imagine the bleating and crying after a few season of finishing last and people on the CC just not bothering to turn up to games.

If the people on the CC are really smart, which I am sure they are, they won’t want to having anything to do with a third-rate disaster of a team like the loser bears.

Maybe Gallop and the NRL realise that having the bears on the CC is a sure road to failure.:lol:

one of the major arguments for the bears is giving the north shore some representation in the comp.

It would be madness imo to ignore their old area that has 600k people living in it.

Greg Florimo has made this one of his major points for re-admission.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Fine then. We let the Sharks whither on the vine, bring back the North Sydney Bears in their palce, and let the Central Coast rot until they can convince Singo to bankroll another franchise. I mean, the Bears were (and are) prepared to give up an awful lot to move to the Coast (not to mention the money they've already poured into the stadium which other teams have benefited from), and the ungrateful bastards up there cry about them returning once or twice a year and keeping their traditional colours. Perhaps they don't want to totally abandon their traditional fan base, which would be suicidal. Heck, at 10 games per year, you'd still be getting four more than Illawarra fans.

adamkungl

Immortal
Almost every other team in the comp plays 1 or 2 games outside their home area, many at the CC. CC Bears should play 1 game at NSO, probably against Manly. If the CC "fans" don't like it then they can go f**k themselves tbh. I'm sick of the constant talk of bending over backwards for the CC:
-Most Sydney teams play a game out of Sydney but the Bears playing one game at NSO is too much.
-Perth/Adelaide/Sunshine Coast can all have a relocated Sharks side with no problem, but for the CC a relocation is unacceptable.
-Average crowds to all the games played there over the years, and an area already within driving distance of many NRL sides, but apparently the CC should definitely be the first new team in.

I think CC definitely should have the Bears in 2013, but seriously - the place isn't gods gift to Rugby League. Support the game there tonight, support the Sharks for the next couple of years, and don't deny the Bears the right to recognise their history.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Almost every other team in the comp plays 1 or 2 games outside their home area, many at the CC. CC Bears should play 1 game at NSO, probably against Manly. If the CC "fans" don't like it then they can go f**k themselves tbh. I'm sick of the constant talk of bending over backwards for the CC:
-Most Sydney teams play a game out of Sydney but the Bears playing one game at NSO is too much.
-Perth/Adelaide/Sunshine Coast can all have a relocated Sharks side with no problem, but for the CC a relocation is unacceptable.
-Average crowds to all the games played there over the years, and an area already within driving distance of many NRL sides, but apparently the CC should definitely be the first new team in.

I think CC definitely should have the Bears in 2013, but seriously - the place isn't gods gift to Rugby League. Support the game there tonight, support the Sharks for the next couple of years, and don't deny the Bears the right to recognise their history.

Well said.

*Sandy*

First Grade
I don't think it's the CC people are asking anyone to bend over backwards.

What I would like to see is a team based from the Central Coast sometime in the future.

North Sydney Bears are steeped in tradition. They should represent North Sydney. We are not NORTH SYDNEY. We are North OF Sydney. Our Region is Sydney North. Not North Sydney.

I am not a fan of taking on someone else's tradition/history. And listening to many talkback radio stations up here on the coast, neither does it seem are the majority up here.